*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728918-The-Pain-Inside-Me
Rated: E · Chapter · Other · #1728918
Chapter Two
I turned my back to the sea and walked slowly to my car. The twilit sky and the evening breeze, the whoosh of the waves below, all were overshadowed by the guilt inside my heart. I began to drive back home, which was a good hundred miles from here. I came here often, just to relive the beautiful memories. I did not want to go home right now, so I pulled over on an empty road. Breathing slowly, I closed my eyes...

He was walking towards me, laughing quietly. I was waiting for him on the cliff. He came behind me, trying to surprise me, but I always caught him. We sat there, laughing on something very stupid, but at that time, it had seemed really funny. We had been like the best of friends, all worries gone, nothing to be tensed about.

Then one day, he did not come for some reason, and I kept waiting until night fell. I went to sleep on the cliff, and the next morning, found me in my bed. I fought with him for not coming, and he said that he had been there, near me, but not close, but I had not known that he was there.

I had told him not to do that again, because I now confessed that I had been rather panicky all that time, and he had laughed.

He told me that I was his best friend, and I reflected his thoughts. We were happy.
© Copyright 2010 Fallen Angel (angel_fallen69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728918-The-Pain-Inside-Me