*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731074-Militia-Prolouge
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1731074
The Prolouge to my Novel "Militia"... If you want to read more, help me get membership!
I shouldn't be here.  I didn't want to be here.  I didn't want any of this.  The room was stained with blood... the blood of other Milatian's.  They were warnings... Milatians die here.... some stains had words in the blood. Things like "leave while you can," or "the voice speaks so loudly."  Most humans wouldn't understand what those warnings meant, but I knew. I didn't want to be here, but I had to be. 
    Other than the blood, it looked like a normal creepy alley.  It smelled funny, it was dark, and it made you want to run, but I had to stay.
    It took me a moment to find the circle.  The circle was as elegant as you could imagine with all the runes drawn around it, but the fact that they were drawn in blood made the circle seem demonic, which wasn't exactly far from what it was.  This circle would allow me to speak face to face with "it."  Nothing scared me more than facing that thing, but I didn't have a choice anymore.  All I had to do is kneel on the cold stone in the circle and close my eyes.  Supposedly, I'll see a vision where I can speak with that thing.
   
    It didn't take long.  The second I closed my eyes, I felt a very cold, very evil presence.  I saw it.. that sick monster that always hid in its own shadows with it's face covered completely by darkness.  He was sitting down like a little child who just won a bet with a smug look on his face.  I saw his smile, a cold, humorless smile that struck fear into me and enraged me at the same time.
    "So, you've come," he said it as more of a statement than a question, but I couldn't help responding.
    "Yes."
    "You do realize that anyone who makes this deal cannot achieve Heaven, don't you?"
    "I do, but what choice do I have?  You know full well this is my only option.... and besides, why should I care?  God has already forsaken me."
    "Very well hero," He laughed darkly as he said "Hero," and then continued, "I shall help you since you agreed to my terms."
    I had no idea what was coming.  I knew it would be painful, but I couldn't have imagined what happened.  out of nowhere, my back ached; it wasn't so bad, but it got worse.  It felt as if my soul was being torn from my body until it was barley  holding on.  There may have even been a moment where I begged to die... I just wanted it to be over.  Just as I couldn't take it any longer, the pain stopped, and was replaced with a stabbing pain in my eyes.  It wasn't as bad as the pain I felt before, but this was still pretty bad.  It wasn't long until it was over. 
    I saw him rise, looking satisfied, as if I was some stupid car he fixed to make it better.  and I saw those things! for the first time, I saw them! Those pure black arm-like things growing from his back.  He had too many to count, but I knew... He filled his end of the deal.
    "Now, don't die on me.... Hero."  The last thing I heard was his horrid laugh.

    I don't know how long I was out, it seemed almost instantaneous and incredibly long at the same time.  I was laying face-down on the circle.  I slowly rose from the cold stone of the circle, and started walking out of that place... just to get it behind me
    While walking, I couldn't help but to wonder how not long ago I worried about getting homework in on time, but now?  I'm risking my life and whatever is left of my salvation for a girl I barley know, and fighting this battle inside me that I seem to be losing control of...
      Fucking hell!
© Copyright 2010 Kale Pyro (kalep at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1731074-Militia-Prolouge