*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1736357-Thats-It
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1736357
A Woman seeks revenge on an irritating pest that taunts her.
Joan opened the back door balancing the garbage bag in one had trying not to spill anything. She smell the leftovers she had a few days ago decomposing in the bag. “Yuck” she exclaimed thinking she really needed to take her garbage out sooner. As she walked to the edge of her back porch leaning over she noticed her garbage can lid was off again and a small trail of crumbs led under the porch.

“Ahhhh!” she yelled in frustration as she plopped the bag in the open can.

“Not again! That stupid raccoon has stolen its last meal!” she yelled in frustration.

Joan stomped in the house and plopped down in front of her computer. She quickly pulled up a search engine typing raccoon problem:

Do it yourself Pest control
How to get rid of raccoons
Duke 0420 jaw spread


The last showed a picture of a claw like contraption that sprung shut on touch. Joan remembered her father having one from past hunting trips and ran outside to the shed. She began to rummage though his hunting supplies till she found what she was looking for. "Let's settle this once and for all" she yelled toward the house and started running toward the porch. She crawled on her belly under the porch and stopped when she heard a small squeaking noise. “She looked to her right as she became aware of the nest of what looked like baby raccoons. Her heart began to soften as she saw their frail small bodies. She slowly squirmed her way back out and dusted herself off knowing she would never hurt that stupid raccoon and would probably start setting out food for it too. She sighed and went inside to call her mother to tell her how soft she was becoming.

299 words
© Copyright 2010 Sunshine Storm (sunny1849 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1736357-Thats-It