*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740750-Being-an-average-Teen--leading-a-city
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1740750
You know how tough being a teenager can be. Now try leading at the same time.
         I still remember the day Rosalie told me I was the Shadow King as if it were yesterday. I still don't really understand how I was chosen. I was the newcomer in this whole business. I was the former City Guard for crying out loud! I was gay (in the sense). Rosalie was his daughter. That was what they yelled as she made her announcement. She used the same tone and chill that I'd last heard when Jacob had me pinned to a wall about to arrest me because of my past. "I won't follow a gay faggot like him, you bitch!" Someone shouted and I felt like sighing. Karl was always trouble and rather hot headed. "None of us will!" Some people began trying to hush him. Rose caught my eye and raised an eyebrow. Would I mind if she ran him through? No. I smiled and she drew her knife as he went on ranting. Several people threw themselves away when her knife made contact. He was silent and very pale. The knife was pinned between his thumb and finger. She stepped away from me and made her way to him, briskly. everyone in her way climbed onto tables to get out of the way. "One, You don't call anyone a faggot. Two, I'm not a bitch. Do I look like a dog to you? Three, Andrew is your ruler or you can join the Army or the City Guard. If any of you useless gutter crawlers agrees with Karl then leave out of an exit at my back before i turn around. I won't spare anyone else." She said evenly. i watched his brainless friends scramble away. It wasn't a loss at all. Then she retrieved her knife.
         Karl was fast for a dimwit. He grabbed her around the neck from behind as she started to return to me,. She went still and I saw him whisper something to her. I was already on my feet and going through ideas before he suddenly stopped talking and blood dribbled out of his mouth onto her shoulder. Then a familiar face backed away bringing a bloody sword with him. Karl let her go and dropped to the floor. Caspian Nite cleaned her sword on the dead man's breeches before touching petrified Rose on her shoulder. I'd but forgotten Caspian was a swordsman. "I hate gutter crawlers. What's this i hear about you being the new Shadow King, D?" He asked with a smile. I wasn't listening. in was staring at who was in the doorway.
© Copyright 2011 Abigail Carroll (fanged13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740750-Being-an-average-Teen--leading-a-city