*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752147-Catch-the-tide
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1752147
A bit of a riddle. wrote this quickly one day and now amended it a bit.
Forever I drift on round the same places round the same beings. Watching them all interact with each other and work with each other. We all had our purpose and would never forget it.

So we thought.

There was one that forgot there purpose, strove to become better and more alive than the rest of us. There were always stars amongst us and they were not held back from shining but those who allowed themselves to become better for their own reasons only, were banished. The community is everything and the world is our home. The community is what we hold dear and which holds the secrets to our survival.

I watched these beings become more powerful around us and yes they became separate from us. We say there was nothing we could do but we were too commited to the world and the community that we had so far created.

They went so far they went against themselves. Scary was the word to discribe how they beat and kill each other as they fought for intelligence and power. The simple things they would soon miss. Life, they were ones that could feel love, I remember being jealous of them then but not anymore.

I was catching the tide with the local folk enjoying the baying of there musical noises and gentle ripples of movement. I had to agree with them the sea smelt different this term. I could feel their destaste. I had not been to this area for a long time and I could taste and feel the anger and ill feeling for a certain being.

How I thought at the time. How could a being upset so many. And so badly. I felt a duty to come face to face to this being and explain the duty they with hold to the community.

I came too late. You were ignorant to my calls. So far have you gone even to be deaf,dumb and blind to me. I looked upone your creations and they only benefited YOU. The community was lost. I had failed where it should have been easy to succeed. I thought I had explained to everyone how important I was.

In your terms the way I could explain it is, I am a single parent who has brought up my son all alone, through struggles I had thought I had done everything needed for him to become a citizen. I found out he was a murderer.
© Copyright 2011 Freddie (freddie131 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752147-Catch-the-tide