*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752253-The-Day-The-World-Changed-Ch-2-ending
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #1752253
The ending of chapter 2 any comments would be good thanks :)
         I stepped through the front door, out into the cooling weather of New york city. I pulled the brim of my hat farther down my forehead due to the sun's glare shining bright into my eye's. It normally doesn't shine that bright during the winter up here but for some reason today it was shining brighter than normal. I stood there for a minute watching all the people rushing towards the stores, and homes. I always wondered why everyone in New York was always rushing to get someplace even if it is someplace that they don't like to be.
         I hate rushing to places that's why I always leave earlier than I should this way if something comes up then I will still have time to get where I have to go. I waited for a clearing on the sidewalk to walk down the steps; If you try and walk onto the sidewalk when there are people around you then it is almost impossible to move without getting shoved around. I started to walk towards Antony’s house with my hands in my pockets and trying not to run into people.
         When I got to Willow street I could see my friend's house hidden in the shadow's of the big willow tree's the street was named after. His house was one of the last one's down the long dark, twisty,  rough road. Why they never fixed his road I had no idea; it had to be one of the worst roads around. It was filled with potholes, and cracks big enough to pop the tires of a car. Every year around march there would be dead animals scattered on the road because it gets dark down there when the night takes over and its hard to see all the animals walking around.
         I looked at my watch: 7:45 it read, “well I better start this long travel down the road of the death so I can get to the park on time.” I said under my breath, I adjusted my backpack and was just about to take my first step towards his house when I heard something creeping in the bushes; I froze “what if it was an animal” I said out loud, I could hear my heart starting to beat faster “ what if it was the guy that was cloaked that I had seen last night?” I reached into my pocket to feel the little bag, it could feel the cold outline of the object. I had to touch it to reassure myself that everything would be OK. I took a deep breath and started to walk towards the bushes.
© Copyright 2011 Zero338 (zero338 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752253-The-Day-The-World-Changed-Ch-2-ending