*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1761033-A-Moment
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1761033
A brief moment of love followed by sadness
        Orange, brown, and gold, flittered around me eyes. I liked the solittude as I watched the leaves being strewn from the east to the west. I watched the old things being blown away to be replaced by something green, and white, and pink, and blue. Soon. Soon, is what I tell myself everytime I think of the coming spring. I heard a twig snap and whirled around, startled, when I came eye-to-eye with the most innocent brown eyes I've ever seen. It was a doe who was frozen into place. I could not move either. We stared at each other, not knowing what should come next. I heard another SNAP and jerked my head to the origin of the sound. When I moved my gaze back the doe was gone.
        My shoulders shrugged and I returned back to the leaves. My feet stepped forward and I noticed how deeply brown the trunks of the trees are. It was almost black. On a whim, I wanted to run, to feel the air lift my hair as my feet flit from place to place. So, I began to run.  The glorious feel of the tumultuous wind blanketing and kissing my neck as I dart around trees, and dance around the leaves floating around the expanse. I heard another snap and froze, then I took in the bluest eyes I have ever seen. For a moment I mistook them for the sky. But the sky is not so pure, for it has clouds that can be tainted with dirt and refuse from earth. No, these eyes see the world as it is and are baffled. How can such evil exist in the world? What is man to do? I knew these eyes as I know myself, and yet they are so foreign to me. I fell in love with them the moment I saw them. For how could I not, when such purity meets with earthen sin? I blinked and took the sight of him. I watched as he took the hand of another and walked through the forest and away from me.
© Copyright 2011 Callie Leonore (cupabeans at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1761033-A-Moment