*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769229-Dig-a-Hole
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Mystery · #1769229
A woman is imprisoned and forced to face her own funeral. Is this really the end?
Dear reader, this is actually an addition to my short story Reflection of Confusion the extended version. It is a part of a larger novel but this is the next instalment from this woman's point of view. Don't worry if there are unsolved mysteries because it's supposed to be that way.

They had been driving for well over an hour now, a journey of constant abrupt stops and starts. Where could I be now? They stopped once again, but this time there was no more movement. Perhaps they had arrived? Stretching her legs against the walls of this new prison she let out a long sigh as she once again anticipated what horrors would await her next. Whatever torture would be inflicted upon her again; she was used to it now. The roof of her prison popped open, and light filtered inside as she found herself looking up at the grey expanse as small drops of water began to bounce off her forehead. A large hand reached into the car and grabbed her so tightly by the shirt that it nipped her skin as she was dragged out of the car, the world spinning, and a brief glance at her captors face revealed nothing, before being dropped to the dust-covered ground face first. Her eyes watered as her body registered the full force of the impact; she was determined not to cry. Not to show any weakness to her captor. A sharp kick smashed into her back before she was man-handled away from the car by the hair. The searing pain made her want to scream as her carcass slid along the dust covered ground. She felt as if her scalp was about to completely tear off as she fought against the oncoming rush of tears. Her head once again banged off the ground as she was dropped at the edge of a pit, which was partially dug. What was this? The heavens had now opened and the rain pelted her indifferently in golf ball sized drops which soaked through her clothes making her prone, lifeless body ice cold making her shiver. She couldn't even hug herself to keep warm, as her hands were still tied behind her back tightly to stop her from running again; just another stage of my torment.

Whoever was keeping watch certainly wasn't making their presence known, as she continued to lie on the ground; she heard no footsteps, no voices only the persistent rain and the occasional sound of a bird as it flew over her. Was this the plan? To starve her to death and abandon her to the mercy of nature? No don't be silly, they still don't have what they want. He loves me too much to kill me anyway. Without warning, another sharp kick collided with her back, she felt the ropes around her arms loosening and been dragged into a sitting position. Her first instincts told her that her wrists were bleeding as the pain now erupted as the ropes slid off. Her instincts were correct. Two gouges were visible as she examined her wrists with fresh droplets of blood beginning to form in the middle of her wounds. No time for first aid. "Dig!" a shout came from her captor and a shovel dropped into her lap.
"Dig!" he screamed and swung he his boot towards her; she felt her eyes thrown back into her skull and her nose snap inwards before the warm sensation of fresh blood trickled down her face and into her mouth. Her nose must be broken as her face exploded and she had to bite down on her tongue angrily to stop herself from crying out. No matter what they do to me, I will not scream. I will not show any sign of weakness.
© Copyright 2011 S. White (mindshatter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769229-Dig-a-Hole