*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776091-Youre-Just-in-Time-For-Lunch
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1776091
A man has relationship issues on Friday the Thirteenth. Flash Fiction 5/13
"Roger? What... How did you find me?" There was an edge of desperation in Lily's voice.

"It wasn't easy," Roger said pushing his way into the cabin. "No roads, no cell towers, no nothing. This place is literally the Middle of Nowhere.

"I told you I needed to be alone and I would see you Monday. Why couldn't you just wait three stupid days?" she scowled.

"But I think we should be together. Look I brought you a four leaf clover for good luck," he said holding his offering at arm's length. "Now does the four cancel the effect of the thirteen or is it the clover itself?

"You fool! I told you I'm not superstitious. This has nothing to do with bad luck. I just have to be alone every Friday the Thirteenth. Think of it as a tradition."

"Look I had to be sure you weren't seeing someone else this weekend," Roger returned.

"Aren't you being just a little too possessive? We've been dating for all of three months."

"I know it's crazy but I think about you all the time. And I think that you might be the ONE. Lily I..."

"Don't say it!" Lily yelled clasping her hand over Roger's mouth.

It took all his strength to pull her hand away. "Lily I love you!"

"Nooooo!" Lily screamed and recoiled in pain. Roger looked on in horror as two pair of spindly limbs erupted from her sides. Lily lifted her head revealing two enormous fangs and before Roger could move she jumped on him and plunged them into his neck.

Minutes later Lily dropped the empty sack of skin that had so recently been her boyfriend to the floor. Any day but this day he could have told her and been safe from the curse.
© Copyright 2011 Zephaniah Kirkwood (kevlord at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776091-Youre-Just-in-Time-For-Lunch