*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776732-A-Trunk
by Karyn
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #1776732
What makes you laugh but it can sneeze?
The ride wasn't as smooth as she thought it would be.  In fact, it was downright bumpy, like driving down over a gravel road with lots of rocks and sharp little hills every few feet.

"Having fun yet?"  Courtney's husband's muffled call sounded a bit restrained.  Like he was holding back a heavy cough.  Or a large laugh.

"Not really."  She growled, suddenly feeling irate and a bit nauseous.

"Come on, Mommy!"  Her daughter, Lesley, chimed in.  She could just see the smile of anticipation of her own ride on the 6 year old's face.  "As soon as you have fun, I get to, too!"  And the little giggle floated around.

Courtney blinked as she paused.  But she soon dissolved into fits of chuckles too.  Lesley was right, now that she thought about it.  The ride was more fun that it seemed at first.  As they gained speed, the small hills seemed more stable and the bumps of the rocks became a bit more smooth.

For sure, it was much more enjoyable now that she wasn't over-thinking it.  The wind and the movement were exhilarating and the height was thrilling as she swayed up and down, side to side!

After all, how often do you get to ride high in the sky, in an elephant's trunk.
© Copyright 2011 Karyn (kaikanosei at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776732-A-Trunk