*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781327-A-Deadly-Surprise
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1781327
One of my nightmares. Gore involved- Fair warning.
I walked up to my room, after a long day of school. My mom told me she had a surprise for me, and that I was to sit in my room, turn off the lights, and face the door. She promised she would be there in a matter of minutes.

I did as I was told, and faced the door in the pitch blackness. I waited and waited, and I checked my clock. It had been nearly 10 minutes. I wondered where my mother was with my surprise. I figured the surprise was for good grades, since I had just gotten my report card.

My thoughts kept wandering as time went on. Not once did I think of leaving my dark sanctum, and asking why my mother was taking so long. There was some sort of relaxing atmosphere the dark provided.

I soon heard a sound of shuffling feet. They were muffled, as if the person was trying to be delicate and not be heard. I supposed my mother wanted to really surprise me. My heart pounded as the door slowly opened, and light flooded in. A man stood in the doorway, casting a long shadow. He wore a black hooded robe, and a mask or haze shielded his face from view.

I felt the thud in my chest beat faster and faster, feeling as if it would burst at any given moment. The man raised his hand, and a wooden club materialized in his hand. He hurled it at me, and then continued to throw weapon after weapon, each weapon getting deadlier as time went on.

Many a knife pierced my tender skin, and as the man threw hatchets, swords, and knives, he finally gained some ground on me. An axe he had thrown sliced my leg in two, and my leg dropped to the ground, blood spewing from my mid-thigh. I screamed out in pure horror and agony, howling into the darkness for the pain to go away.

The man took advantage of his victory, and threw a sword much more precisely, and with a perfect slice my arm was soon lying limp on my bed sheets. I screamed once more, the pain so unbearable, the only thought that crossed my mind was the repeating word, die die die. All I wanted was for the mind blowing pain to cease.

I tried to move any of my limbs, but the feeling in my body had almost gone numb. I felt like a sitting duck, but the pain was enough to make anyone forget that they were being watched by a fierce killer.

I attempted to get up, and I hobbled towards the door where the lone hooded figure stood. He vanished as I made my way closer, and the blackness of his robe drifted away, like a heavy fog.

Once I passed through the door, I mysteriously appeared downstairs. My parents sat, almost as if in a trance, while watching T.V. silently. I noticed my arm and leg had also re-attached, but there was a terrible ache where I knew they had been gone a few moments before.

“He got you in the back too.” My mother said as I walked past her and my father. I nodded and continued on my way to the bathroom. I turned on the light and looked at myself head-on in the mirror. My body was covered in deep gashes, blood trickling down each and every one. I wiped a drop of blood from my cheek, and it smeared.

I soon turned to the side, but only found a large axe stuck in my back, a classic horror movie picture. It was an old, lumberjack axe, and I stared silently at myself as I heard the constant dripping of my blood hitting the floor.

“Yup,” I whispered, “he got me all right.”
© Copyright 2011 TheDreamer (daisygirl978 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781327-A-Deadly-Surprise