*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789531-The-Guardian-of-Min-Chapter-5
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1789531
About a girl who created her own world. Please comment & let me know how I can improve.
Chapter 5: The Reunion
Green

“You should have knocked darling.” Blue said.
“No, no. It's okay! You got The Crew moving! Thanks!” I said.
“Red!” Silver gave her a hug. “Long time no see! How have you been?”
“Much better now that we are back in business. Being a Ninja Guardian is a really tough job. It is stressful for both me and Blue.”
“Oh! For both you and Blue huh?” Green said.
“Shut up! I bet you haven't even kissed Silver yet!” Red said.
“You shouldn't have went there!” Silver said. But it was to late.
“You know what!? Just because we live in the same house doesn't mean we sleep together! We have separate rooms! And just because I took the job as her Guardian doesn't mean I love her! Okay!?” I said.
“Whoa! No need to freak out about it! I was only kidding!” Red remarked.
“Ha, ha! Someone is blushing!” Blue said.
“Shut up!” I said.
“Yo! You two better start being nice to him or you are going to be sleeping outside and finding berries to eat!” Silver said.
“Your girlfriend is sticking up for ya huh?” Red said.
“Shut it Red! That was directed to you as well!” Silver said.
“Well, how about some dinner? I don't know about you guys but I am starving!” I said just to get the conversation off topic. They all agreed on dinner and I went to the kitchen to cook something. Hm, Silver is on the Aura diet to improve her aura so I might want to check the chart.
~Flashback~
“Why are you making that chart?” I asked.
“Because when I made Min I used my aura. And now I have to replenish it.” Silver replied.
“And why do you have to replenish it? How does the chart help you do that?”
“I have to replenish it for many reasons. But that is a lesson for another day. The chart helps me plan a meal that will replenish a certain part of my aura.”
~End of Flashback~
I teetered a little bit. “Shit.” I mumbled as I knocked over the glass off the counter. What was it doing there? It wasn't there when I walked in.
“Impressed? I thought you needed some help so I came in here to help. But you zoned out. So I practiced my physic abilities on moving things. Do you want me to help you?” Blue scared the living crap out of me!
“Um, sure! Let me just check the list on what to eat.” I said. Then reached in the silverware drawer. Sure enough there was the list! Perfectly preserved like it was the day she wrote it. I gently put the paper to my nose and inhaled. The memory was sharp and distinct. It smelled like her. Good! No one else knows about the paper. I started to look at it. It said:
RED – Red foods are stimulating and often enhance feelings of security, strength, roots, trust and warmth. When red foods are added to a meal, your senses will immediately be on alert. Healthy red food choices are red meat in limited quantities, apples, red peppers, beets, cherries, strawberries, tomatoes and red cabbage.
ORANGE – Orange foods will act as decongestants and are often associated with creativity flowing through the mind, body and soul. Orange foods are also associated with physical and sexual energy. Great orange foods are oranges, carrots, tangerines, apricots, peaches, persimmons, mangoes and pumpkins.
MAGENTA – Magenta foods help balance your entire system. The appeal of the bright red to purple combination can both stimulate your mind and intestines and calm sugar cravings. Some of the healthiest foods that will enhance and balance the mind, body and spirit in this color group are eggplant, red beans, red beets, radishes, rhubarb and red berries.
YELLOW – Yellow foods are extremely uplifting and are often associated with birth, movement, growth and cleansing – both internal and external. Yellow foods are also associated with light, and indeed, grow best with lots of light surrounding them. Healthy yellow foods are lemons, corn, bananas, eggs, grapefruits, pineapples, yams and yellow peppers.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL TAN – Mental/physical tan colored foods are often used as agents combined with other food elements to create a complete food product or meal. They are nutrient based, provide fiber and bulk and offer cleansing qualities. Healthy choices are flours from wheat or brown rice, yeast, flax combined with good proteins such as chicken, turkey, soy and beans.
LOVING/NURTURING TAN – Loving/nurturing tan colored foods are complex carbohydrates that balance, calm and warm. Tan foods often make us feel good because they are warming and filling. Foods in this group include potatoes, brown rice, noodles, grits, chicken and turkey. The key to keeping this group healthy is to prepare them with little fat.
GREEN –Green is the most abundant color on the face of the earth. Green food is healthy and balancing to our entire system. Green is often associated with the earth, spring, love and renewal and cleansing. Green foods are often easily grown and can be universally found. Some great green food choices are avocado, broccoli, cucumber, asparagus, green pepper, lettuce, olives, peas, spinach, zucchini, lentils and grapes.
BLUE – Blue foods are soothing to the eye and palate. They usually have a lot of texture to them and can stand alone with their subtle but unique flavor. Blue choices are not as obvious to the eye, but blue foods will connect softly to your body and emotions. Some healthy blue choices are fish, veal, blueberries, plums, blue corn, blue potatoes, raisins and dark red pistachios.
LAVENDER – Lavender colored foods are usually created from someone’s imagination, and are very soothing and calming to the mind, body and spirit. Foods that include lavender coloring are often sweet in nature, so they will be a condiment, snack or dessert. Lavender foods are not very healthy, so eat them in moderation and include cotton candy, any blue based berry processed into sorbet and simple syrup made with lavender water.
INDIGO – Indigo colored foods are thought to encourage creativity and intuition. These foods on your plates will draw your eyes to them – searching for depth, clarity, feeling and sight. Some great healthy indigo food choices are red grapes, eggplant, plums, beets, cabbage and purple broccoli.
VIOLET – Violet colored food has a deeply enlightening, powerful and satisfying allure. The deep color can affect your thoughts, enlighten, lift and then calm. Violet is a color of royalty, dignity, power and strong mind. Healthy choices include foods that are a rich plum or violet color like berries, plums, purple broccoli, beets, purple grapes, cabbage and eggplant.
CRYSTAL – Crystal foods will actually appear as white or light colored foods. Foods associated with the crystal aura are considered to be protein and calcium enriched for strength, stamina, bone growth and intelligence. Healthy crystal foods include all milk products, eggs, soy products and light colored meats or bean products.
Her handwriting was very neat, for once, and she had highlighting marks everywhere drawing my attention to certain areas. I had a meal plan. It would be a Salad with the following ingredients: apples, red peppers, cherries, strawberries, tomatoes, oranges, carrots, tangerines, apricots, lettuce, peaches, mangoes, pumpkins, eggplant, rhubarb, berries, lemons, corn, bananas, eggs, grapefruits, pineapples, yellow peppers, chicken,avocado, broccoli, cucumber, green pepper, lettuce, olives, grapes, blueberries, raisins, plums, broccoli, and beets. For a drink we will have white milk and Root Beer. And for dessert, cotton candy and a little something special for Silver's birthday. She had even forgotten her own birthday so I am going to remind her. “Blue, start chopping up the following foods.” I gave him the list I made. “You do know how to make a salad, right?”
“Yeah! Of course I do! We always eat salad!” Blue said with surprise.
“Alright, I was just making sure. So you can start on some of the veggies. I need to prepare a cake.”
“A cake? For what?”
“Oh! It's Silver's birthday! You stay put and I'll get Red's help and Silver distracted for a few hours while we prepare.” I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. “Hey Silver! Could you take Ice for a fly. She needs the exercise. Maybe race with Emerald? He needs the practice. Please?”
“Alright! When do you want me back at?”
“I don't know. Maybe in about an hour. If not, you have your phone, right?”
“Yep! Alright I'm off!” With that she put her shoes on and walked out.
“Alright, let's get cooking!” I said. And just as I had said that, the Crew walked out of their rooms.
“We are going for a walk, okay?” Yellow asked.
“That is fine by me!” And the Crew left. I went to get Red. “Red! Get up! I need your help with something! I have to make a cake for Silver and I need help! Come on!”
“Fine!” She grumbled and got up. She walked in the kitchen. We started to get a cake ready. It was my special recipe. It was one that I brought with me from the real world. The recipe was:
Extreme Chocolate Cake.
Ingredients
2 cups white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (Or sometimes adding 1 teaspoon of mint is good!)
1 cup boiling water

3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
5 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Or sometimes adding 1/2 teaspoon of mint is good!)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
2. Use the first set of ingredients to make the cake. In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Stir in the boiling water by hand. Pour evenly into the two prepared pans.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
4. To make the frosting, use the second set of ingredients. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Stir in the cocoa and confectioners' sugar alternately with the milk and vanilla. Beat to a spreading consistency.
5. Split the layers of cooled cake horizontally, cover the top of each layer with frosting, then stack them onto a serving plate. Frost the outside of the cake.

The recipe was the same from last year. We started to prepare by getting the ingredients together. Just as we was getting ready to start, the door opened. I looked, thinking it was Silver, and panicked. But thank goodness it was just the Crew. And when they walked in there were more then five of them.
© Copyright 2011 SilverWing (silverwing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789531-The-Guardian-of-Min-Chapter-5