*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790453-The-Sound-of-Dogs
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1790453
A secret agent is captured. The sound of dogs keep him awake.
"Name and number?"......
"What is your name?"
"Who sent you?"...
"arrrrrrrggghhhhhhhh!!!!!" the surge of current ripped through my body for so long, if i could think clearly i would pray for it to all end.  Throughout the endless pain which repeats itself in so many formats and transitions which spreads to every part of my body like a feverish plague I never forget my training and what they told me at the agency. Say nothing and stay focused. Ive been in this room now for over 25 hours without food, without water, in searing heat. I must remember what they taught me. I look up.  I smile.
“Arrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!”. Oh God. I smell burning flesh. I look up. I laugh. distorted sounds fill my ears . I feel another heavy blow to my face. Its been like this now for over  25 hours, pain on top of more pain, shock treatment, beatings, ice cold water, strangling sensations, drowning,  and as I pass in and out of consciousness God knows what else.  The taste of blood and sweat mingled with dirt permeates my dry mouth and I feel again an overwhelming nausea. Im on my own,  Im in pain,  I ache, Im physically exhausted but never mentally.
They speak in Russian, I speak 7 languages i understand what they are saying.  They are guarded and dont  give much away. Through my bulging eye I can see the shadows of two men, one seated in the back ground watching , issuing orders and  the other standing above me executing the instructions and killing me bit by bit. I must remember what they taught me. The man seated is approx 170 pounds, his refind accent is of the Moscow area but educated at Oxford, he has manicured nails and unworked hands, he  is wearing a taylored suit from savoy London  and he smells of expensive aftershave and I can tell that he is carrying a a german semi automatic on his left side. His companion is approx 200 pound of dense muscle, shaved tattooed head, sounds Ukranian, stinks of sweat, dirt and a love for his work.
My head  continuosly punds inside but i can still think. One of my shoulders is disolcated.  I cant feel my fingers and my wrists are wet and sticky from the metal cuffs slicing into my wrists. The chair Im tied to violently rocks and twists with every blow, the back which i was tied around is now loose and splintered. I will never tell them where the chip is or the location of my team who by now should be on their way to complete the final part of the mission.  Again I see blackness. I awake to the sounds of snarling and growling. Through my blurred and bloody vision i see another man holding back two savage black dogs lunging forward towards me, they look agitated and the hostility in the room steps up to a new level. I hear them talking but cant make out all of the words.
“You see, there is no way out. Not for you. If you answer our questions we can end this, you can have peace.  But there is no way out. If there are more of you we will find them. You will not succeed. It is over for you” said the man still seated calmly in the chair. Again I see darkness.
I awake alone in the room to the sound of the dogs coming from behind the wall in the next room.  There is no one else in the room. I can hear the dogs  barking and whining next door. I can hear voices next door.  Intense agony throbbing through my weary veins to the sockets of my eyes.  Momentary darkness again.  My collapsed senses are sedated and confused. I think of my own dog Orsen back at home in the Northumberland countriside, green rolling hills, old stone buildings, my family, my wife, the rain, i even  miss the rain right now. The last time I saw her was at the cragside with Orsen. Her golden blonde shoulder length hair about her shoulders, red lips, all those bloody shoes, freshly baked cinamon muffins, the warmth of her.  I might not see them again. My heart aches and my pain becomes internal. Remember what they taught you.
In this dark stinking room I keep drifting into darkness, the sound of Orsen next door pulling me back. There’s no one else in the room. Remember what they told you. The dogs next door pulling me back. Orsen. Remember. The Rain. The trigger pin. Wake up. The trigger pin. Wake up.  The sharp snarling and snapping brings me back and then I remember. I took the trigger pin out of my gun and lodged it into the flesh of my arm. I try to pull it out but i cant feel my fingers. Darkness again. Orsen. Darkness. The sound of dogs brings me back. Keeps me focused. Remember who I am. Bring me home.
Bang. Bang.Bang. Bang. God Im still alive. Whats happening.  Smoke engulfs the air, cant breath. “Im in here, in here” I shout as loud as i can. “Take me home”then blackness.
My next memory is waking in the military hospital, bright yellow lights, tubes, safe.

 







© Copyright 2011 P. Holer (potholer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790453-The-Sound-of-Dogs