*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800646-This-I-Believe
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Spiritual · #1800646
An essay written for submission to NPR's this I believe.
Heaven


        Do you believe that heaven is a real place and that we have family members waiting in heaven for us? I believe that heaven is real and our departed family members are there waiting to greet us when we transcend into heaven. I know this, because I have been there.

         On the morning of July 6, 2008, I woke up with a stomach ache, and I asked my husband to take me to the hospital.  By the next afternoon, I was on life support, induced into a coma with failing lungs, kidneys, pancreas, and liver. The pain in my stomach came from my pancreas over working itself to combat high blood sugar and, in the processes sending, my triglyceride levels through the roof. When I entered the hospital my triglyceride level was over four-thousand. Normal triglyceride levels are below one hundred-fifty. By the fourth day of my coma, my husband and family were told that I had less than a forty percent chance to live.

         I cannot tell you the exact dates that I went to heaven, but I can tell you what happened. When I awoke, I was in a dimly lit off-white room and my Grandma Cagno was there to greet me.  I did not know my Grandmother while she was alive, but I had no doubt that it was her. She was dressed in a black skirt, white shirt, black stockings, and she smelled of tomato sauce and garlic.  She never spoke a word, but I could hear her every thought. My Grandmother held my hand and told me that it was not my time to be in heaven, but she was glad to get the chance to visit with me.  As I was in the room with my Grandmother, I became aware of another lady in the room with us. I never saw her face or learned her name, but she did not hesitate to share her story with me.

         The mystery lady told me of her life in a broken Russian accent.  She told me of how she had been a prostitute and had been addicted to drugs. She also told me how when she lay dying of her addictions, she asked God to save her, and when she awoke, she was in heaven.  She was very thankful to be in heaven and spent most of her days relaying her story to others, because she wanted everyone to know that God loves everyone and desires for us to reside in heaven among his angels.

         After six weeks, I awoke from the coma. I would spend weeks learning to walk and talk. I found out in the following months, that my doctor is a believer and that he turned my life over to the Lord and prayed that I would live. The Lord has given me a glimpse of heaven and returned me to earth so that I may share my glimpse of heaven with those still here on earth.
© Copyright 2011 quinlangal (quinlangal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800646-This-I-Believe