*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1804421-Specials---Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1804421
Liana goes for a midnight dance on the balcony. Soon she realizes that she has wings.
It's time. I thought of not going out tonight, and about having a pleasant sleep. Every time I go out, Layce almost canes me since I can't wake up the next morning. But I knew that though she hates me, she would never do such thing as hit me. She probably threatens me so that I would do as she says. However, I couldn't take any chance, so I always tried not to go out at night like this.

But I couldn't help it. The dark sky that never looked so dark was brightened up by the full moon, tempting me to dance under them. I just felt like flying up all the way to the Milky Way that seemed to stretch out till forever. Freedom seeped out of the countless stars as if they were glitter glue on a black sheet of paper, which I used to make when I was about seven years old.

I sneaked down the spiral stairs to the garden. The whole house was usually dark when I sneak to the balcony, but today, the moonlight helped the house light itself by its own. The gentle, invisible winds hovered over me like a blanket, and touching my skin, and combing through my golden hair. The flowers invited me to dance again, like every night here. A natural but invisible force pulled me towards the balcony.

The garden and the balcony were shimmering bright. The smooth ivory tiles reflected the moon, showing a fuzzy version of it. It didn't feel like it was night. In fact, it felt like it was day time, but with a black sky, and a moon instead of a sun.

The surroundings felt livelier than usual, which made me more eager to hop and twirl on the tiles. The whole atmosphere told me to step in to the midnight dance floor. I wanted to feel like I ruled the whole balcony, and even the garden. Maybe the whole neighborhood too (I just realized that I was starting to get greedy).

I stepped in, to catch the moon-made spotlight. Like the moon pulling the waves of the sea, I was pulled up too. I stood with the tip of my toes, and spread my hands, as if they were wings. Wings, I thought. I wished I had wings. I wished I could be a fairy, and fly wherever I wanted. How cute would it be if someone spots me with pointed ears? I chuckled with the thought.

But really, I wanted to soar through the sky, waving at people whom I knew, and maybe whom I didn't know too. I wanted to twirl around the world, not only the small (compared to the world of course. This balcony is huge) floor that I was standing on.

I slightly twisted my body, straightening my arms so that I could balance well. There it goes, I didn't even need balance. My body automatically starts spinning, as if it ha¬¬¬d a mind on its own. My hand lifts up, and sways. With my motion, the wind starts moving too. I always felt like I was a conductor of an orchestra; which was the wind around me. The wind was humming, murmuring their tune, while the flowers danced with me. Some of the birds that happened to pass by also stopped and watched us for a while. Then they started to sing in coordination. I didn’t need any music.

This moment was absolutely the moment that I was waiting for. I felt free, and in charge. It made me forget all the things that I went through during the day, and the misery.

It even made the bugs and the flies look beautiful and graceful. As they gathered around me, they moved up, and down, following my hand emotion, their soothing buzzing noise adding up to the instruments. In other times, I would have shooed them off, or even slapped them if I could. But now, they never felt like pests.

This was the time that the nature came to harmony. I felt animated than any other time. I guess I'm nocturnal, 'cause I live in the night.

Liana, you’re one, beautiful dancer. I felt like my mother would say that. But I really felt beautiful, and pure, with no disturbances within me.

But without me noticing, the breeze became stronger than usual, and the flowers were shrinking. I couldn't even see the flies anymore. Wait, was I growing? No, that was not it.

Soon, I realized that my feet were floating away from the ground. Flying higher, and higher, going in a steady, slow speed.

Thinking it was a dream; I giggled and pinched my cheek to make sure that it was a dream, thinking, Lily, this ain't real, and you don't even have a wing to fly. But it hurt, especially because it turned out that I had a zit right there.

I felt blood and pain oozing through my cheek. I just swiped it away with the back of my hand, and shook it off of my hand. I didn't really care about a zit-blast.

Because I just realized that this was no dream, and it was real.

Searching for any sign of how I got up here, I looked around. Soon, I came to notice that there was an unfamiliar muscle moving on my back. Stretching, and snapping back in a steady movement that matched the speed that I was rising up. Slowly, I looked back.

There it was.

A wing.

It was a real wing, which I was wishing for a moment ago, the wing that I was dreaming for years. My dream to fly was finally coming true.

The wing was light (No wonder I didn't notice) and it had a design that made the wing look like it was from a butterfly, only it was on a human being. But I wasn't even sure that I was a human being anymore. A single thought was left in my mind. Am I half butterfly, or am I even a fairy?

I was not sure on which I was, or neither, or both. I didn't even know what to do now that I knew about my wings, so I tried to move my muscles on my back to move my wings, like it was moving when I first noticed it. But the speed didn't change. Feeling useless, I gazed down.

It was a new sight, looking down from high above the sky. The height didn't bother me, and I was not afraid. I didn't even have the floating, shiver-through-my-body sensations that I felt when I was in a roller-coaster. The wind was pushing me higher and higher, pushing me from below. I guessed that this was the wind that held the airplanes high. But I was far higher than an airplane would go. People say, that the more higher you rise, the less oxygen there is to breathe. But the air felt even more breathable once I was in a high spot. Even though I already felt like I ruled the land, I also felt like I ruled the clouds too.

I was still rising up, and I wondered how much more I would go. My sea-blue knee-length nightgown flattened and stuck to my body, the cotton fabric soft on my skin. All the houses in town, and the cities that I never got to see, was underneath. They were like toys that I used to play with when I was in a wee age. I wished I could move the city further away, so that the trees and the town would be the only things that I could see, because the nature was more dazzling than the city’s neon lights.

Thinking maybe I could touch the stars, I looked up.

I gasped immediately, as the bright star, the brightest one that I saw in the night sky for a brief moment, sucked me into it.

My vision went white, and I couldn't feel anything in the white atmosphere. It was not like I couldn’t see anything, or it was not that my mind went white; the whole place was white.

Just white.



© Copyright 2011 Ishanaz (isha518 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1804421-Specials---Chapter-2