*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809407-Honor-Our-Troops
by k-baum
Rated: · Letter/Memo · Other · #1809407
My Honoring Our Veterans Contest Entry
Dear Soldier,

         Thank you for serving our country with pride.  I’m so proud to have you protecting our  freedom from those whom threaten it.  I have a great amount of respect and gratitude for everything you do for our country.  I don’t think I would be able to live in the danger that you do everyday.  I hope this letter will help you feel like you are appreciated by us at home waiting and hoping that you come home safely. 
         Let me tell you a little about myself.  My name is Tiffany.  I am 22 years old, married  with a 20 month son and a son that will be born early because of complications during my pregnancy.  My husband and I live in an extremely small town in Wisconsin.
         The town is so small that if you blink when going through it, you’ll miss the entire town.  The closest grocery store is about 10 miles away.  We are surrounded by farmland.
         I am going back to school in January for Graphic and Web Design.  I am afraid I might be going back too soon after having this baby, but I want to try so that’s what I am going to do.  I know if I set my mind to it, I will be able to handle it.
         I’m a new writer and hope this letter sounds better to you than it does already and probably will throughout to me.  It’s different for me to write to someone I don’t know because I don’t know what to say.  I hope I don’t sound like a retard trying to ramble. 
         I am very glad that I finally found a way to be able to write to our soldiers.  I tried finding other ways but none panned out.  I am hoping this one pans out and that you return a letter to me.
         Thank you again for defending the United States and our freedom as citizens of this wonderful country.  Because of you and your brave military brothers and sisters, I am able to proudly call America my home. 

Sincerely,

Tiffany K.
© Copyright 2011 k-baum (k-baum2011 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809407-Honor-Our-Troops