*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810743-Divine-Retribution
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1810743
A journey of forgiveness and truth.
Only a flash and motion set forward by life soon came to a halt, all went black, dead and cold like the sea, into eternity I knew I would journey forth. I knew not what had become of the plane I stood within, Musky smog had soon begun to fill my breath, choking and tearing my eyes from which I still had seen nothing but the darkness, soon my chest was filled with heat, searing through inciting pain and fear within my heart as distant sounds began to draw near. Louder and louder the sound would become, convincing me there was worse to come. Nails to the chalkboard, my ears became wet as they split inside my head, I screamed in pain but no sound was heard, delving my hands into the ground charring my skin from embers of flame. I moaned in disgust as the stench of a thousand corpses filled my nose, I began to discover this was not the reality I know, although the fear stopped me from believing it mattered not what I saw true or false. My mind was a blank but soon it was not as all of my memories began to spiral from within all at once. Then there was a shrouded light yet only to see what stood in front of me, a beast I knew not stood, a shriek followed as the image of the beast burned through my eyes, leaving me too blind to see. Through fear I ran but it was if running in place, there was no escape here as there seemed to be no escape from sin itself. Several sensations of cuts ensued as I was took hold of, like falling into a pit of glass, the pain seemed to have no end, no matter how strong it had become, there was always more. Eternity I would spend this fate, I began to realize my mistakes through life, the people I have hurt, the pain I had given to others was a thousand fold. So through agony and dismay I chose to pray, even if this was my fate, It would not stop from saying what I chose. I begged for forgiveness, I begged for mercy, I flailed my arms to the blackened sky, I accepted my wrongs and I knew this was written by own hand through the short lived glimpse of life had seemed to be compared to this eternity. The screams of the wicked filled the cancerous air, the fire burned through again and again, life did not end here because here it was non-existent. Through blood and tears the pain had closed, no more agony that through life I chose. A speckle of light and a man had appeared, so far to the sky it was but a glimpse. The beasts of the realm disappeared into smoke as I rose from the ground and flew to the beyond. As if made from light I stood before him, no pain left to endure, the words of the creator boomed through my ears saying that through blood and tears I had shown ultimate compassion for those I had done wrong. Through an enormous gate I saw all there was to see as I stepped forth into eternity...
© Copyright 2011 Conpendium (conpendium89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810743-Divine-Retribution