*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812339-Challenge-and-defeat
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1812339
A boy and a globe of mysterious power.
One bright day during the fall of dark autumn leaves, there was a peculiar package delivered to me. The sender was unknown, covered in mystery by a dark silk cloth, never to be found yet I cared not. Hastily I ran, pulling head over heel, passing the kitchen and neverminding my meal. A slam of the door, A twist for the lock, I sat to the floor listening quietly to the clock. Tick... tock... tick... tock. In naive mind I drew up my fist, yelling alright alright lets get on with this. My finger drew to the ear of the knot, one slight tug and it fell engaging thought. A blast of light, gone white into deep depth, freezing cold swept over my body, I felt a slow descent, passing through clouds, I knew not what happened, like a mystery in shroud. Not too soon, I met with the ground, feet deep in snow, my mind competely in tune. I rose my gaze to the sky that was blue, but now it was gray, how could this be true. In the blink of an eye a little girl had appeared. I drew back in shock wondering what was near. She spoke in soft tones lending her hand, "come with me, i'll tell you the plan". Without hesitation I went by her side, waltzing through snow and then through a tide. Fear not she spoke as she pointed to a cliff, higher than the heavens, my body had went stiff. "To escape this realm you must reach the top, through strength and persistence will you find the tick of the clock". Without warning she had flew off, turning to an eagle, wings spread aloft. I dropped to my knee, filled with distraught, still not knowing in what world I was caught but with a clear view I gazed to the skies, shedding my doubt and gave heed for a try. Not a moment later my hand grasped rock, swearing for a moment that I heard a knock, shaking my head I defeated the oppression, would I succeed in the endeavor was indeed the question. Time had flew by as for what I could tell, no end in sight, "Wait, what is that smell". Looking below there was great height to be shown but as for the smell well that had yet to be told. My muscle grew weak as well as my will, the smell that I sensed grew greater still, one more glance and I saw with great fear that as tall as the mountain a monster had appeared. I drew deep breath, tightening my grip, but all for not knowing I was in for quite a trip. Driving up the mountain, lightening fast in a hurry, this mattered not as the monster swung with great fuery. A slip of the hand, a drop of the foot, balance was lost as it was put. Before like a feather, now like a rock, my life is lost just like tick to a tock. A sudden stop, a sure end, my body itself was far too much to mend, all went dark except for the sound, a sound of a girl and then of a man. "It appears he has failed" her soft voice uttered, but then it was smothered by the words of another. "All may seem lost at certain times but fret not young one this one is mine"...
© Copyright 2011 Conpendium (conpendium89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812339-Challenge-and-defeat