*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812990-Trust-YouNot
Rated: ASR · Other · Friendship · #1812990
You know not to trust your enemies...but is it be your friends you should worry about?
You always hear people say that before you die your life flashes before your eyes. It’s not a lie. And it is funny, well not really, how one certain decision could have changed this entire outcome, and I wouldn’t be standing here thinking about it in the first place. Yes, funny. Even now, I cannot help but smirk.

I can feel the darkness inhibit my very being. And as I step my foot outside my door, for the first time in a long time, that I leave the safety of my sanctuary, my home. I have kept myself hidden for so long from this world full of hypocrites, full of dissidents, with their greed, deceit, and secret agendas. They are quick to point their fingers, to creep their way into your life, sabotaging your mind with their lies, gashing at your back with their claws. I have gone and put myself out here, so I cannot blame anyone but myself. I do not know how long I can fight them off. But, here I am, here like you asked. For you begged me to come save you, but as I take in my surroundings, it seems like I am the one that needs saved. You should have told me to bring the torches, for it seems you have brought the stakes. I can now see I have been blindsided. They have turned you into one of them. So I will hold my head up high and I accept my fate. But why do you grasp that stake with such sweaty hands? Is it from fear of what you have to do, or is it sheer hatred for me that you shake so much? I mean, you of all people, should know me well enough, that I always keep my promises, that no matter what, I will never turn my back on you. So if you are going to stab me, go right ahead. I will take it through the heart.


© Tana Lee Buoy
© Copyright 2011 tanabuoy (tanabuoy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812990-Trust-YouNot