*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816422-Entry-for-107--254-words
by Reagan
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1816422
A girl misses her decised grandfather, terribly.
It was as dark as a black cat on Halloween. The breeze blew lazily through the trees of the graveyard. As I walked, I began looking for the name of my grandfather. I had been missing him more than usual, so I decided to visit his grave. The months following his death we’re hard. I was so close to him before he passed away. I used to visit him everyday and sit on his lap, listening as he told me stories of his childhood and the war. As I remembered his sweet face and warm embrace, I began to feel overwhelming sadness. I collapsed to the ground in heaping sobs and sniffles. Each tear that rolled down was filled with longing to see him once again. As my head was down, I heard soft rustling near by. When I looked up the only thing I saw was a basket, tied with a red and gold striped ribbon. Inside was a picture of my grandfather, a silver spoon, and a note that read; “Dear Charlie, I know how much you used to love sweets, so here’s a spoon to help you enjoy some one last time. Love, - H.”
I never found out who “H” was but they obviously knew my grandfather at some point. Each day, I think about my grandfather and how he was such a big part of my life. I miss him a little more every minute. He will forever be the most important person to ever be in my life.
© Copyright 2011 Reagan (rtant15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816422-Entry-for-107--254-words