*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818422-The-List
by Reagan
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1818422
Entry for daily flash fiction 12/13 285 words
As they walked across the powdery, white sand of the crystal coast beaches, they casually jumped over the ripples of water coming of the waves. They watched the massive swells rise and crash out of the horizon, silhouetted against the bright orange sun.
“Well, we can cross this off our list,” she said, casually wiping away the strand of hair that the salty breeze had blown into her eyes.
“One step closer to being finished,” he replied, looking out through distant eyes as he watched a seagull spread its purely colored wings. ]
She would have given anything to stay in this moment forever. The world actually seemed normal for the first time in about a year. It was so nice to spend a few days at the beach, escaping the insanity of the real world. She loved not spending these past beautiful days behind a computer screen as usual. Ever since the doctor’s heartbreaking diagnosis six months ago, no happy thoughts had crossed her mind. The only things she had thought about were if her fiancĂ© was going to be around by Christmas or if the reason he seemed so distant was because he had already given up. Each and everyday she hoped and prayed for some sort of miracle. Some saving grace that would awaken them from this nightmare and part the clouds that dotted her mind so that the rays of happiness could once more shine upon them.
With each day that passed, her hope of finding a cure was diminished by the crushing fact that no treatment center had the technology, nor the funds, to save his life. So, once again, they continued on their determined quest to finish the list.
© Copyright 2011 Reagan (rtant15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818422-The-List