*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816457-The-Crime
Rated: E · Other · Holiday · #1816457
An unexpected guest causes trouble.
The sun was setting, casting a dark shadow over the town. I popped off the stem of my orange sculpture with a butcher’s knife and gutted the pumpkin with a large serving spoon. Carefully, I carved each of the pumpkins with ominous faces. Satisfied with my masterpieces, I put a lit candle into each of them and displayed them on our front porch. Eager scavengers showed up at my door holding up a basket that lingered for sweets. One by one I placed the variety of candy into the baskets of the scavengers. The night was coming to an end as I was growing tired and weary. Then, when I least expected it, I heard what sounded like something being brutally smashed right outside my door. As I opened my door I was shocked to what I saw. My masterpieces were smashed into pieces all over my yard. I looked up to see a young girl with auburn hair dressed with stripes alternated black and yellow, resembling a bumble bee. The other was a boy, dressed up as if he was a pirate. I knew they were the felons who committed the crime by the pieces of pumpkin that still lingered on their costumes. I tried to get them but once they saw me open the door and noticed the mess they have done, they bolted across my yard and down the street. Filled with anger, I solemnly cleaned up the crime scene and entered my house. Ever since then I have never carved anymore of my masterpieces for Halloween again.
© Copyright 2011 allisonman (allisonm14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816457-The-Crime