*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818489-Merry-Christmas
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1818489
An unexpected christmas.
As I awoke, the lights from the windows blinded my eyes. I looked through the blinds only to find a blanket of powdered snow that glistened in the sunlight. I quickly made my way to the bathroom, grabbed my toothbrush and brushed my pearly whites. Afterwards I bolted downstairs with anticipation. My footsteps echoed throughout the silent house as I made my way downstairs. As I reached the floor the luminous lights and the gleaming ornaments that hung preciously onto the tree caught my attention. Underneath the tree were neatly decorated boxes that were aligned with each other. As I went to retrieve a present from underneath the tree, a burning sensation was felt on my thumb. I realized that the small luminescent light that lingered onto the tree had burned me. It was then when the chaos started. I noticed a foul burning smell that made its way into my nostrils. Unsure of what was happening, I went to retrieve my parents. As they came out of their room I saw a red flare that emerged from the tree. Gray smoke filled the room as we grabbed our items and made our way out the house. The house was then reduced to a short charred foundation. What a merry Christmas!
© Copyright 2011 allisonman (allisonm14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818489-Merry-Christmas