*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829960-Christmas-Joy
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1829960
"Their happiness was reflected by the tall tower of a Christmas tree"
They were isolated from the snowstorm. It was the seventh day the small town was covered by two feet of ice and snow. It was too dangerous to drive so their refrigerator was becoming less stocked over the days. Although the weather had them stranded in their homes it would be Christmas tomorrow. The children would bundle up in large coats and gloves then go play in the snow. They would return numb from the frost and warm up by the fire with hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. They were happy with their isolation. The next day was even better. They were greeted with large presents wrapped in bows and folded neatly. They all sat under the tree and enjoyed their presents until cousins greeted them at the door. They opened an abundance of presents and brought groceries. The children thought the presents were all opened until the realized they missed one, at the very back under the tree was a basket with the best Christmas surprise, a small golden retriever puppy. Their happiness was reflected by the tall tower of a Christmas tree, illuminated by colored lights and red, green, blue, and gold ornaments.
© Copyright 2011 aaronhyman (aaronh96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829960-Christmas-Joy