*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830685-Call-of-Love-Part-II
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1830685
Original & True to life love story. Second Part.
In order to be close to a person, you have to get his trust.And for you to get his trust, you have to make sure that everything about you is real. No pretentions. No lies.

---





         I was able to get his trust easily as well as he did on my side. We became good friends that I didn’t even realize I was falling. We shared each other’s secrets and problems and were in fact on each other’s sides often. Our schedules didn’t really match; however, we make it appoint that we will see each other every day, even for just a glance. I know we’ve been treating each other in a very special way without confirming what we really mean to each other.



*Sociology class*



Tristan: Hello. :)

Me: Oh. Hi. Is there any problem?

Tristan: Nothing. It won’t require problems for me to text you, will it? I just missed you.



Seeing that text of him made me smile and my smile made my friends wonder.



Sonia: Best! What was your smile for?

Me: Huh? What smile? *still smiling*

Sonia: Haha! Funny. You seemed in love. Is it the guy from the computer lab? Are you guys in a relationship?

Me: NO! We are not. I don’t want to fall in love yet. Just... Not now.



Everytime I remember what my past had done, I can’t help but feel a bit nausea. I was fresh break up from a two-year-relationship when I met Tristan. He knows about my past and my expectations of the future. He had the idea that me, being a broken hearted girl, is fragile. He made me fall in love with him despite the possibility that I may just use him for moving on purposes.





August 13th, at around 9pm, I was with him on the phone. We talked ‘till it was the dawn of the 14th. We were on the phone talking random stuffs and laughing.



“I want you to sing me a song,” he said.

“I don’t sing. I can’t. I have no talent when it comes to singing.”

“Oh. That’s why you were often the band vocalist of your section. Now, I see.”

“I’ll call you back. I will sing you a song. But give me few minutes to think of the song that will reflect what I want you to know.”

“Don’t be too long.”

“Okay. I won’t. For you. Bye.”



I was taken aback by my fast decision. I could’ve said “no” anytime I wanted. But, I didn’t want to. I want to express what I feel for him. It may seem like I’m the one confessing, but I don’t care. All I know at that moment is that I want to be with him. I want him to know how much I treasure him.



I got out of my bed to get the laptop. “Wi-fi. Please. I need you.” CONNECTED. “Yes!” I screamed and searched for the song that’s currently on my mind. It is my personal favorite and my usual all-mood-song choice.



RING. RING. RING.

“Done?” Tristan asked.

“Uhm. Yes. I picked my personal favorite.” I answered with a feeling of nervousness.

“I’ll listen.”

I started singing. I felt like crying but forced not to. I finished the song and there was awkward silence. “Tristan? Sorry. It’s a failure,” I said to break the silence. I checked my wall clock and the time says 2:40. “It’s already too late. I guess we have to hang up.”

“It was nice. Thanks for the rendered song. I loved it.”

“It’s nothing. Bye. Goodnight.”



I felt a sudden relief. I covered myself with my pillow and screamed so loud that it felt like my throat is about to get irritated. After a few minutes, I decided to do my bedtime routines: face wash, toothbrush and hot bath. When I arrived at my room and checked my phone, I received a text from him. “Anne?” it read.

“I thought you’re already asleep. Why?”

“I wish you are my girlfriend…”

I was shocked but I didn’t let that get through me. I thought of it as a prank or a text message not intended for me. “Wrong send?” I replied.

“No. I mean it. I want you to be my girlfriend.”

I was frozen for seconds. I feel the same way for him. I want him to be my man. “Uhm. I don’t want to sound so fast. But, why don’t we give it a try? :)”

“Really? You mean that? Seriously?”

“Yes. We will try this on. If it works, then, good. If it doesn’t, then, it’s okay,” was my reply. But at the back of my mind, the real statement is “if it doesn’t work, let’s just make it work. Please. I want this to work.”

“Thanks. I love you. You showed me what love is. You helped me move on from her. You accepted me the way I am. I owe so much to you.”

“I really don’t know how to react, Tristan. Without you even noticing how much you mean to me, I’ve had doubts that this day will ever come. I love you. Let’s make this work.”

© Copyright 2011 fourteen <3 (ilyfourteen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830685-Call-of-Love-Part-II