*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831563-Tell-me-your-day-dreams
by Nancy
Rated: E · Article · Emotional · #1831563
Do you day-dream? You don't really day-dream? If you answer yes to any...come on in please
"I'm walking in a beautiful park, i'm watching the beautiful result of nature, trees, flowers, i feel the air on my skin, and suddenly i find myself face to face with something more beautiful than the whole scene...yes it's him...it's my soul mate!!"

"hey Nansie come for lunch"

"yes mom i'm coming"

:S:S what a disappointment no?

Well that was a sample of a day-dream, that everyone has but not everyone would admit they do have day-dreams. YES YOU DO DAYDREAM SOMETIMES TOO!! ADMIT IT!

Is day-dreaming a good thing or bad for mental health? have you ever thought about it? I remember 2 different opinions about that:

1) it's good when you're having a very bad day and you just want to relax so you're asked to imagine yourself in a very beautiful place and feeling good, and eventually this will let you feel good

2) it becomes a very bad habit...yes when it becomes a habit it's bad, because the person tries to escape form reality into daydreaming, and not living the real life "which isn't that good to live"

Have you read "The Secret" or read about the LOA "law of attraction"? well i remember that some tests were made on people who run and they asked them to imagine and visualize that they are running as fast as they can, and they found out that all the body organs responded to that imagination...i'm not talking about attracting things into our lives "that would be another post" but i'm showing you the picture of how daydreams can give us a true feeling, whether it's good or bad...

So do we really have the power over our feelings? Can daydreaming help us relax after a bad feeling? Of course not a "very" bad feeling, but just when you're having a bad day, would imagining yourself in a nice place, help you get through it and get your positive energy back?

I'd appreciate all your comments...

Keep on smiling and daydreaming "nice things" we don't wanna take the risk of daydreaming of killing someone and having blood in our hands :P "that was a bad one, wasn't it" lol anyways, til next time ;)
© Copyright 2011 Nancy (nansie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831563-Tell-me-your-day-dreams