*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831751-Bus-Stop
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Ghost · #1831751
A girl makes a mistake that could turn fatal.
As the bus drove away, I realized I had gotten off on the wrong stop. It was dark and rain was starting to pour. Since there was no one around, I decided to walk until I could find shelter. After walking for about 10 minutes, a tall black house crept into view. I slowly walked up to the door as it creaked open, I shouted to see if anyone was home, no response. Since everything was dusty and oceans of spider webs filled every corner making this house look as dead as ghost. I crept inside and the door slammed shut behind me. I grabbed a candle and slowly sneaked into the living room, the boards creaking under my feet. As I entered the living room the candle went out. I was wrapped in a blanket of darkness and fear when all of the sudden, the door swung open and slammed shut, everything went back to “normal”. The candle seemed to glow brighter as I sat down and franticly looked around the room. The rain pounded on the door and windows like a mad man wanting get out of a straight jacket.

    Suddenly, a stroke of lighting revealed a shadow standing outside the window. I scampered and hid behind the couch as the door opened and the shadow walked in and drifted upstairs. I got up and sprinted to the door and shook it as if my life depended on it, but it wouldn’t open.

“Who’s there”, shouted the shadow as I scampered like a scared dog to my hiding spot.

The shadow turned out to be a man. As he glided towards the couch, his features became slightly visable.He was pale, with snake like eyes that could pierce your own, sharp claw like nails were attached to his hand, he had a perfect head of golden hair that lightly floated over his eyes, he looked at the most 18. He slowly floated to the couch and turned on the television.

    He looked both ways and sat down he seemed distracted, so I relaxed.

  “I know you’re in here”, he says as he quickly whips his head toward my direction and whispered, “it’s not nice to walk in uninvited, but you seem like a nice girl”.

I slowly got up and said “I’ll be leaving now”.

He quickly responded “In this rain you won’t see what’s in front of you”.

I looked out of the window and realized he was right the rain was pouring I was surprised he still had power. Then it hit me, how could someone have power in this rain, a generator would've gone out already and judging by the look of the house it didn't even seem like it had electricty.

“How do you have power” I quickly asked.

“I have a generator” he responded.

I slowly sat down as far from him as possible.

“Can I get you something,” he asked in a much to confident voice.

“No,” I quickly responded.

He turned off the television and went upstairs. I quickly headed for the door as I opened it he was standing on the outside.

“Now you don’t want to leave early” he said with a smirk glowing on his face. I slammed the door and turned around to run as I saw him leaning against the staircase. I tried backing up ,but I was already by the door. I ran to what seemed like a kitchen. I found a door and didn’t see anyone so I ran outside the last thing I remember was falling and the feeling of sharp needles piercing my skin came upon my neck.
© Copyright 2011 mjdasilva (mjdasilva at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831751-Bus-Stop