*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842405-Test-Subject-IV
by CEH
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1842405
Forcing his fear down he kept moving clinging to the only source of light.
Lights Dimmed, it was empty, so still it screamed with pure quietness. Hairs rose on his arms and neck as he wondered down hallways. every turn promised a surprise, every step echoed harshly. Forcing his fear down he kept moving clinging to the only source of light. The soft rays barely illuminated the floor beneath his feet. He needed to find her, how stupid he had been to leave her alone. The had taken her, and only he could save her.



A chilled swept over him, it seem to freeze his heart, it brought with it the need to run to, to hurry. From all the walls her sweet voice cried out. Pain and fear were thick inside her sugary voice. Now his legs were moving, his breath was becoming ragged. He ran until he faced a wall, the dead end called his name. Full of helplessness her voice pushed pass the stone. Throwing himself against the wall his own voice called back to her. Pounding with balled fists he cried whispered her name. He was trapped in a maze, and she was his goal.



Back tracking he stared all over again, he did not stop to think, All that drove him was her fading voice. Now every turn taken was open, they were leading him towards his love. Finally he reached the center, but instead of the blushing bride to be there sated a small compact disk player, besides it was a large manila folder. Opening the envelope, hands shaking as pictures spilled onto the floor. Visions of her mangled body twisted, warped, and bloodied. Gut wrenched as he stared at the loved of his live. Doubling over he let his insides gush onto the floor as tears flowed from his eyes.. Soft whimpers escaped his mouth, he made no attempt to wipe the snot from his face. Hours passed by until he spied a small vile of acid green liquid. Ignoring his instincts he downed the fouled contents. His gut twisted, and his bladder released, and vomit erupted from his mouth. Laying in a pool of bodily excretions he embraced his death, for he knew that she would be waiting for him.



Subject IV had conducted his way through the maze, passing the final test. The monitors flashed to a close up as he drank the poison that would ensure a slow painful death. Smiles all around as the men in lab coats switched to view subject II who had still not taken a single step into her maze. Among the viewers sat one lady, catalyst A. Unharmed she had watched the man who loved her take his own life rather then live without her. She like the rest of them would go back to her family, her husband and two beautiful girls as if she had never known any of them.

© Copyright 2012 CEH (telly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842405-Test-Subject-IV