*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843689-Stuck-in-my-head
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #1843689
A poem about the trouble I have been having lately writing. I wrote this on a whim.
This is a rewrite of a preveasly posted poem.

Stuck in my head, what a sad place to be.
Words run round yet they elude me.
Images flash by, some real some only mine.
Sweet and colorful, terrifying and dark.
A mix of emotion blending to paint a picture of my being.
The mind of a tormented soul, both light and dark.
I stomp, I scream, I let it all out, no one hears me alone in the dark.
Dust rolls up, desert all about, no oasis to satisfy my thirst.
I wish for peace but my mind scrambles about.
Thoughts of dark times, past but still here tainting the joys of my life.
Am I to stay for all time, to run round desperate to fly.
If only you'd come lift me to the sky I could catch those thoughts that fly by.
I sit and I wait, wish for only you, hands full of desperate tears as they pool.
Mind full of hurt and love, joy and pain, yet my hands sit idly by with nothing to say.
How long shall I roam this desolate plain my mind calls home, unable to return.
Where have you gone, I beg wont you come save me from this depressing fate.
Still I sit and wait for your return, knight in shining armor won't you come, return me to a life outside this dark and hurt filled hole.
Hands held high I will wait for the touch that brings me to life once more.
© Copyright 2012 ArtfulHelix (artfulhelix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843689-Stuck-in-my-head