*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1846401-A-Melody-Captures-the-Soul
Rated: · Other · Arts · #1846401
Music is something we are all touched by, regardless of our culture everyone loves music.
Music in itself is healing; it's the explosive expression to remedy the soul.  Personally I believe all types of music are amazing, ranging from classic rock and the musical innovation that the Beatles had brought all the way to Hip Hop's story telling techniques. To say I enjoy a certain type of genre of music would not be the correct question. Music has life, music has feelings, and music has a soul, that’s why it talks to us, becoming a staple in many people’s lives. Hearing sounds and beats that echo in everyday life are the orchestra that we hear; music has always been with us and will forever stay in our heart. Personally I love all music, listening to it all the time at every chance that I get. The situation that your in creates a type of music, a theme music to everyday situations. I’m going to force you to look at the different designs of music by showing different styles and influences that have shaped its development over the years.

Sublime, Slightly Stoopid, Bob Marley, The Expendables, Rebelution, are all Reggae based musicians and bands that inspire the people. Elevating peoples spirits while relaxing them through melody, tranquil effects are created with this music. Reggae is a combination of different styles of music and is characterized by a heavy back-beated rhythm. If you ever listened to reggae music you understand why I listen to it in the morning. Bob Marley's song, Three Little Birds, is a song that motivates me to start my day. "Rise up this morning, and smile with the rising sun," is a quote from the song, this is an expression and an action that inspires me. Bob Marley is one of the greatest musicians of all time, generating a cultural uprising motivated with love. Rebelution is a band that encourages the spirit as well, creating songs about the courage moving us as one to grow, talking to you, encouraging you to look on the bright side of life. That’s the way all Reggae music is, it generates good vibes, good feelings, peace and love. This music is best listened to in the mornings, at the beach, while fishing, or a poolside party.

The Black Keys, Shinedown, System of a Down, and Linkin Park are Alternative Rock musicians. Rock, is a term that is extremely hard to come up with a concrete definition to define what is rock. Elvis Presley had said it the best in my eyes, "Rock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can't help but move to it. That's what happens to me. I can't help it." It’s a music that makes you get up and move. These movements are spasms that leave your body exhausted, especially after a concert filled with screaming, turmoil, and sweat. Decades ago, in the golden age of rock there was Queen, "We Will Rock You," basically sums up what a rock song is completely in its entirety in one metal song. Pink Floyd took us to the dark side of the moon and we still haven't come back. Led Zeppelin showed us the stairway to heaven, in a portrayal that wasn't seen but heard in the voice of Robert Plant and the guitar stings of Jimmy Page. Rock music is hard-edged music set to the stage filled with electric guitars, bass, and drums, usually accompanied by lyrics sung by a vocalist. Rock is powerful and fun, it is the spontaneous love for life that we all have within. With this power, rock and roll has changed the world. This music is the best listened to when you need to express yourself, screaming at the top of your lungs off of a cliff, that is rock.

         Lil Wayne, The Notorious BIG, Tupac, Jay-Z, have become some of the loudest voices of the hip-hop world. Depicting the truth and problems of a culture, exposing the negative truth that society tries to conceal. It's an avenue that allows the creator to offer information, and at the same time it's an escape from the bars that conceal us. It’s amazing how machine-like some industries in music are, hip-hop is the ambition to be different. This is nighttime party music, music to listen to when you need to be by yourself. There are so many different faces and voices in hip-hop, styles and souls that are brought to life by the listeners who made them legends.

         I listen to music all the time, where ever and when ever I can, From when I wake up and get out of bed, and the good vibes given by Bob Marley and the entire Reggae genre. When I’m at work feeling like a zombie and need to rock with Linkin Park. At night, when the party begins, Lil Wayne takes over. Music is powerful; Music can change the world because it can change people.

© Copyright 2012 M.B. Sheldon (msheldon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1846401-A-Melody-Captures-the-Soul