*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1846402-GET-A-JOB
Rated: · Other · How-To/Advice · #1846402
The first step in succeeding a job interview is to narrow your search to a couple of
Unemployment is a growing problem in the United States and across the world. When you finally do land an interview you want to be able to stand out among the other candidates so that you can land the job. There is no real right and wrong way to go to an interview, but you can always be more prepared than the next person. There is a system to which I believe if you follow you will be able to succeed in obtaining a job.
The first step in succeeding a job interview is to narrow your search to a couple of favorite companies and focus on applying for opportunities with them. You cannot be to narrow and be wiling to explore opportunities that are outside of your industry or companies that aren’t name brands. Network with family, friends, student, and teachers. There are now web sites like linked in or college central that help you reach out to others. Apply, Apply, Apply. One of the greatest lessons ever taught to me was that you need to apply to job after job, because you can apply for thousand jobs and only get 1 call back. So apply for 10,000.
When you applying make sure that you have a resume and a cover letter present. Show what skills and experiences that you have. You want any company to be able to easily see how your experience will translate into any industry. You want to be able to walk into this interview with a foot already in the door, and to do this do your research about the company that your going to interview. You should show enthusiasm and gusto towards the industry and the product/s that you will be handling. Look into the history of the company and how they came to be, who is the president and how did the business get started.
Make sure to calm your nerves and relax, because you are an asset to the company. Before you go into your interview you should dress to impress, when you walk into the building remember that you are being judged. Wearing the right outfit will help you feel cool and confident. The way you carry yourself, your body language, and the small talk that you participate in is all a test to see how the company can use your skills. Make sure to ask thoughtful questions because remember, that while your potential employer is evaluating you, you should be evaluating them. While in the interview make sure that you look your interviewer in the eyes and talk with a strong voice, it does not look professional to always look at your shoes and talk with a soft voice so you get asked to repeat yourself.
Remember to negotiate your salary! You don’t have to settle for whatever the job compensation package offers. You have to at minimum, ask, because if you do not, don’t expect a raise in a year.
© Copyright 2012 M.B. Sheldon (msheldon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1846402-GET-A-JOB