*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1852857-The-Strongest-in-the-Universe
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Inspirational · #1852857
keep oneself strong in the face of discord or stress.
Inner peace refers to a state of being mentally and spiritually at peace, with enough knowledge and understanding to keep oneself strong in the face of discord or stress. When you look into the mirror, do you see a man or a beast? Can you live with the wrongs that surround us, that intoxicate us? In a morally corrupt world we live in, can you justify your actions or will you become another victim. Changed by the surroundings and influences of the night.
I personally see many similarities between this world and the one depicted in the Dark Knight, Gotham City. Another depiction that I see as a parallel universe is Frank Miller’s Sin City. A world that is corrupt with the greed and avarice that emanates from the human soul. In the opening pages of Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas there is a quote that expands upon the turmoil that one faces within themselves. “He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man,” Dr. Gonzo. A ravenous beast emerges within us and tries to control our lifestyles with an iron grip. The faces that we hold inside are portrayed in many different ways. Dr. Sigmund Freud had tried to classify our subconscious by breaking it down into three different categories, the Id, the ego and the superego. Religious individuals believe that there is a devil and an angel that sit on opposite sides of our shoulders whispering the rights and wrongs of the actions we choose into our ears. The subconscious of our mind battles the desires of our hearts.
There are many cartoons that help depict the inner battle that is waged within. With great power comes great responsibility, and not everyone can handle that power. In the real world there are heroes and villains but not everybody is as pure as the characters written in the tales on paper. Goku from dragon ball series turns into a rampaging gorilla that has no sense of right or wrong, only destruction for a period of time. This is supposed to be the most powerful being in the universe and he hasn’t completely mastered his own demons. Trail after trial is presented to the main characters in the endless tales that we can see in our libraries. These are trials that we feel we must face to as we live vicariously through these characters whom life and soul we take into ourselves. Lessons that we incorporate into our daily life to help us achieve the goal, the dream that we have.
All people fear being nobody, and we all desire inner peace. Inner peace is the series mind state achieved when you know beyond a doubt that you’re right. You have accepted the events that have led you to the place you are currently. The actions taken during a time of turmoil like war can weight heavily upon ones soul. Coming to grips with these actions is harder for some than others, but you need to have a reason in which you fight. Your children, your family, your way of life are all examples of the reasons, the backbones of life’s tough decisions.
Everyone is at war, because everyone is at war with himself or herself. If we are unhappy with our actions and decisions this life can be an eternal hell, instead of the sublime nirvana that we see in our dreams. When we walk and talk according to the rules and guidelines we set for ourselves everyday. We want the inner bliss that is obtained by any means possible. We want to have a smile so radiant that its brightness rivals that of the sun.
© Copyright 2012 M.B. Sheldon (msheldon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1852857-The-Strongest-in-the-Universe