*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849120-Garden-Sores
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1849120
Amanda learns the pleasure of sacrifice. Written for a contest, 300 words or less.
“I think we are being followed.” Amanda looked back through the shadows with a feigned look of fear that was sure to lead the tattered men on. Lust needed fuel and Amanda was it. Stepping around a headstone and away from the glowing lamps, she saw the gate to safety. Of course, she had no intention of going through the gate, it was just that if the tattered men saw her escaping, their own energies would spike. Upon this energy, Amanda fed; inwardly reeling from pleasure, she was careful her pleasure wouldn’t startle the pheromone spell laid upon these tattered men. From somewhere within, a song was burning through her veins. It was a fire the tattered men would put out and it was Amanda’s choice to let it be so.

“Arrr.” The voices were coming clearer; sounds were forming where all sounds had been banished. Life was breathing through desire and she was being chased; yes, she was enough to wake the dead.

Headstones cracked and released their musty occupants. A woman rose, naturally drawn toward Amanda’s brother nearby and coming closer. Her brother’s golden wings were just as beautiful as her own, had her wings been spread.

God loved these stinking creatures, enough to sacrifice his own angels to give people life. This cemetery was a garden and Amanda made them rise. Before these people managed to destroy the last of the angels, Amanda looked to her brother who was already beyond hearing and said, “I think we are being followed”. The flesh of an angel was meant to fertilize life. It was only now that Amanda could understand what God saw in mankind. “I think we are being followed. What is said three times is true,” Amanda whispered, her last breath drawn with pleasure and given freely.


word count 300

written for
Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  (13+)
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
#896794 by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon
© Copyright 2012 Jimminycritic (jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849120-Garden-Sores