*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849449-Conversing-with-Nature
Rated: E · Fiction · Friendship · #1849449
Friendship in all its forms a flash fiction tale.
Conversing with Nature




There is a tree that I know, who blinks quite often. This is of course a little hard to perceive - but the tree blinks - and communicates with telepathy. Which is something I find quite endearing.

I first met the tree whilst on holiday. It was a beautiful day and I was relaxing, when suddenly I noticed a tree moving. Perplexed, I stared at the tree, and after a while I saw it blink. At first I was dumbstruck, but a short while later my curiosity took hold and I approached the tree to enquire.

The tree was a calm fellow, very old and not accustomed to being noticed. It took me a while to get a response, but soon the tree and I were involved in a lengthy debate about the nuances of squirrels.  We became friends. And as my holiday ended, I was saddened at the thought of us losing touch. The tree however was also sad, and informed me that trees are unique, in that they can connect with each other anywhere on Earth; and carry on conversations with whomever they like. Given this I gave the tree my address, and wished it well.

On my return home, a pigeon contacted me and told me of the tree’s temporary location, and I arranged for us to meet.

However talking to trees, tends to give people the wrong impression. And I soon found myself incarcerated in an asylum.

I still meet up with the tree. But my psychiatrist is of the opinion that I should take various medications, and reconcile my differences with my father. I disagree and maintain that everything is wonderful just the way it is. And besides, what would my psychiatrist know. He’s just a frog.

END


296 Words
© Copyright 2012 soulriff (jerrymauss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849449-Conversing-with-Nature