*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850700-I-lost
Rated: GC · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1850700
My best friend and I had a very simple bet. Wonder if I could follow through?

I stepped back from the mirror and smiled. The white dress I had chased all over the country fit just right. I knew that I was pushing it with the pure white veil but it was my wedding after all.

Then I thought back to the simple conversation my best friend Micheele and I had had about two years  ago. We had been talking about relationships and the way her marriage was going fabulously and I hadn’t been with a man for over two years.

"You've been alone too long," she eventually said over a glass of scotch at our favorite restaurant.

"There is nothing wrong with waiting for the right one" I retorted quickly,  sipping on my own whiskey.

She continued speaking as if I had not said a word. "Tell you what. Here's a little wager. You like military men.  You have to sleep with the next military man you meet within three weeks of meeting him. $500 if you could do it, free babysitting for me if you can't."

At first I gasped, horrified but it didn't take much to me to agree.  After all this was Philadelphia and military men abounded. I didn't think I could do a three week thing but I was suddenly willing to try. We simply shook hands on it and I gave it no further thought.

Our conversation came flooding over me like warm air when I saw him, ironically three weeks later. Or more precisely, I saw his dark hand, gripping the silver pole of the fast moving SEPTA train with confidence. His fingers were long and well groomed and in a flash, I clearly saw myself bent over a chair, screaming in ecstasy, with those fingers buried deep in my pussy. Just at that moment, he must have felt my lusty gaze burning a hole in his well tailored suit because he turned and looked directly at me. His brown eyes were framed by impossibly long lashes and when he blinked I swear I felt the breeze. I looked down in embarrassment and that was when I saw the familiar signet ring of the Marines on his right hand.

When next I looked up, the stranger was directly in front of me with his right hand on my shoulder. I was crotch level and my eyes simply could not move from the impressive looking bulge and powerful legs. I looked over at the ring again and made a quick decision. I was going to win this bet. I simply stood up and hugged the stranger. I nestled my head against his chest and fleetingly noticed that it was solid as a rock.

To my surprise, he simply said, "may I have you?" It was a deep bass voice that resonated through me and I quickly agreed. We got off on the next stop and made our way to a beautiful hotel that I had stayed in only in my most fantastic dreams. Obviously well known, he paused only briefly at the front desk, before securing a door key. We were soon facing each other in a beautiful room in the early morning sunlight.
He kissed me deeply and I encircled my arms around his neck. Soon we were tearing each other's clothes off hungrily trying to get even closer. Without the slightest trace of self consciousness, I divested him of his clothes and he slowly removed mine kissing a path along each piece. I stood naked before him and the lust in his eyes made my entire being sing and sent lusty shocks to every part of my womanly body.

As if he had read my mind earlier, he took me to the balcony overlooking the entire city and bent me over the balustrade. My heart was pounding a steady loud rhythm that anyone walking the streets of Philly could hear.  Gently spreading my legs open, I soon felt his tongue making circles up my thighs until he reached the sensitive nub of my clit. I shivered as I felt him flicker then swipe, flicker then swipe repeatedly until I felt my knees tremble. 

In that moment, I realized I wasn't That Girl. I simply could not do this, bet or not bet. I muttered my apologies as I hastily got dressed and slunk out the door, leaving my business card almost absentmindedly at his request. Definitely not my finest hour.

I came back to reality and smiled. I looked over at Micheele who was tying my little godson's tie. I had been babysitting Miles every other week for over a year now as she and her husband decided they wanted to go out a lot more. After all, they didn’t have to pay for a babysitter. She looked resplendent standing in the early morning sunlight in her long scarlet maid of honor dress with its fabulous gold sash. Never did I think it would come to this point. She had made me step out of my little box and I tried.  I may have lost the bet but that concern was long lost because here I was in my white dress getting ready to marry the man I met on the train.



Word count: 864
© Copyright 2012 VJAMMIEZ (vjammiez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850700-I-lost