*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850925-Twins
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1850925
A possible subconscious connection between two apparent strangers
He sat on the park bench alone, enjoying a cup of coffee and watching passers-by. No one seemed to notice him -- but I did. He was good looking in the quiet, middle-aged, silver-haired way. And I liked the way he sat - so relaxed and at ease. His warm smile was directed at no one in particular. He was obviously enjoying his own company -- the way I do.

Then something odd seemed to happen -- it was as though he split himself two ways. One version of him remained on the bench drinking coffee. The other edition got up and threw away the coffee cup in a nearby garbage can. He gave his other self a brief look before walking in my direction. He smiled now with recognition -- but not right at me. For I had also spawned a duplicate, and she was walking away from me towards him.

When they met, they embraced and kissed -- like old lovers who had been apart for a long time.
© Copyright 2012 Alene Mitchell (alenemitchell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850925-Twins