*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1852928-For-those-I-love-I-will-sacrifice
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Military · #1852928
Throughout history, time and time again we fight and wage wars to obtain our beliefs.
“For those I love, I will sacrifice,” is a tattoo that a soldier chooses to wear with honor. A soldier to our country is a patriot, a hero, and a person who deserves our respect. In military strength our country, the United States of America, is one of the leading powers of the world. We fight for the ones that we love and the lifestyle we know. There are things in this world worth fighting for, and William Wallace in Braveheart knew this, and screamed it from the top of his lungs with his dying breath. “Freedom” what it is, what it represents, and the lengths we will go to achieve our own definition of freedom.

         Throughout history, time and time again we fight and wage wars to obtain our beliefs. This is evident since the earliest times of written history. In 3500 B.C. the Egyptians had enslaved the Jews who eventually grouped together an opposed the pharaoh. The Pharaoh is similar to Hitler or Stalin who had ruled with an iron first. The tyrants had brought a fury of fire and brimstone to any who opposed them. They did not succeed in their plans of domination because the choices of others. When the forces of the world recognized their evil intentions they grouped together and formed a force strong enough to break the shackles that threatened them.

         When a man stands upon the 2 feet given to him by god, they protect what he considers most important to them with their life. When a soldier descends into the heart of darkness and with his eyes views the different faces of death you would think they might be scared. The soldier does not falter in his steps. When fighting a war that they had not started, but they choose to fight for what they believe in. Through the turmoil, the chaos and hell that is war the soldier believes in peace. When bullet casings fall like rain, when the mortars and rockets are aimed at you, when the bombs are planted in the path in which you walk, you will see nothing but a smile.

         The point that I want to make evident is tat to force somebody into the midst of hell is not only wrong but it is foolish. There should not be a draft for the military because not everybody can handle the hardships that are presented to them in war. To reinstate the draft is to condemn the soldiers that are willing and able, to have a man who is supposed to watch there back and instead is cowering in the corner. Would you want your battle buddy to huddle in fear? There is a very evident difference between soldiers who had chose to walk onto the battlefield with honor to his counterpart; a soldier forced to fight with an AK-47 cuffed to his wrist. The soldier who made the conscious decision to fight for what they believe in will prove to be much more efficient. In a jungle of madness without rules, law, and order we can see the anarchy of the apocalypse.

         The most dangerous creature emerges; the evil that is within us can come to life. The Mr. Hyde or primal creature can and will seize control at the first opportunity. It will revert you to a save primitive beast who knows only the most basic of instincts. This is fueled only by its desire to survive, because the rule that governs the universe is survival of the fittest. I do not believe in the draft, I view it as a punishment or condemning our own soldiers. We must have the fortitude, or balls to fight for what we believe in. I asked my friend why he decided to join the military, why does he fight a war that did not start. He looked at me and said that he fights for his two little girls and his wife. Awe struck the only thing that came to my mind the statement tattooed on a random soldiers body

© Copyright 2012 M.B. Sheldon (msheldon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1852928-For-those-I-love-I-will-sacrifice