*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866404-Superman-on-my-bus
Rated: E · Prose · Adult · #1866404
A small boy teaches us a lesson we forgot as we grew older
                                                          Dreams We Forgot

Children under the age of 6 have a lot to teach us. I am reminded of a 6 year old boy waiting to board a bus with his mother. From their clothes, one would guess they were poor. The boy's old worn out jeans were probably hand me downs. The mother's faded red  dress  one size too large. But there he was with a big smile as the bus pulled up. His black hair cut short and his plump face kind and innocent. His oval  eyes looking out into a world of new adventures and a paradise to build. From his collar a blue tattered  terry cloth towel, secured by a wood clothespin,  hung down his back just below his bottom. His chest pushed forward, his hands on his waist. As the bus doors opened, the boy extended his arms as if to dive in a pool. He lower his head and made a whistling sound like air rushing through a tunnel. shshshshshsh.

He leaped on the bus scaling the steps in quick succession.

Proclaiming  " And superman gets on the bus!"

Flop...

  He laid spread eagle on the floor next to the fare box. He  tripped. On his stomach  he looked around for a moment then groan,  " And superman fal down.”



Quickly he jumped to his feet,  " And Superman gets up!!! " he shouted

He extended his arms and shshshshshs. He flew to the rear of the bus .

So when life  trips you up , remember the Superman on my bus. Don't  stay down, acknowledge  it , stand up , and extend you arms and fly. 

© Copyright 2012 tolpinsk (tolpinsk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866404-Superman-on-my-bus