*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874924-The-Birth
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1874924
Me playing with second person point of view. Elven baby birth where the reader is the baby
You are soon about to be born a fresh new elven baby.  You've been growing and building for many months and it will soon be time for you to shout your first hello.  It 's not an easy time.  Your mother is trying to continue her life as if you weren't sharing it with her.  Since your first thoughts, you can't remember her ever speaking to you or doing things for your benefit.  The food she eats is hard to digest and you have to wait too long to start your journey as a child because it takes a long time to make your body strong enough to survive out there with the nutrients she has given you.  This is all made worse by the fact that she gets sick and stays that way for a long time; she isn't eating much of even the hard to digest food anymore.

You begin to sense her in a different way.  At one point you feel her send out a part of herself as though she would send a piece of her essence out into the world but that essence isn't physical.  You learn to manipulate this new sense.  You can cause changes in your own essence with it.  You eventually discover you can change yourself physically with it too.  You discover you can steal nutrients from her to build your body quicker.  This discovery leads to more sickness in her and you eventually sense that she will expire before you are ready to make your entrance.  You use your essence to rebuild her to rid her of the sickness.  You rebuild her into a lesser version of herself that will be healthy and will provide you with all you need to finish building.  She has finally started talking to you.

"What have you done?  Why can't I use magic anymore!  You took it didn't you.  You used it to make me better but you didn't give it back.  You little bastard!  I want my magic back.  You will never get to use it.  I will make sure you are never born!"

You sense anger and hatred.  You don't understand why she hates you.  You cured her.  You didn't take her essence, you only changed it into what she needed to become better again.  You feel fear for the first time.  She doesn't want you to come into the world.  She doesn't want you to have what she has.  You feel her hurting herself trying to hurt you.  You feel pain.  You use your magic? to fix the pain.  You repair the damage to her.

"You can't do that!  Stop that!  I'll kill you!"

The pain stops.  She stops hurting herself.  She stops moving.  She is laying down.  She eats food that you like.  She sleeps a lot now.  She doesn't move much now either.  You build much faster.  Very quickly you are ready to start the next part of your journey.  You start using your body to see what it can do.  You build even more.  At last you are ready.  She senses that you want to come forth, but she doesn't want you to.  She doesn't call for help.

You begin to push toward the exit you know must be there.  She isn't helping.  You push a little more, but you can't do much on your own.  You send your essence out into her to make her help.  She can't resist you.  She begins to push.  It hurts when she pushes.  She pushes more.  She keeps pushing and just when you think she will crush you with her pushing, your head emerges.  You taste the freedom and push too. Soon you are free.  You relax and your essence flows back into you.  You hear her scream.  You are picked up and wrapped in something soft and dry.  It seems to suck the moisture off of you.  You are here.  You relax.
© Copyright 2012 Worzhak (worzhak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874924-The-Birth