*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1896926-Gon-Fishing
by JimmyD
Rated: E · Short Story · Personal · #1896926
gone fishing is about a man who got married.
I remember a man named Bob.He was a slender man with dark black hair and green eyes.He had been married,for a long time.His wife's name was Viola.They lived in a small house,on a very large plantation.Bob was the kind of person who knew where every dollar he spent,was spent on.Yet,he was an easy going fellow.Life to Bob was a every day vacation.When he and Viola left town to get married and go on their honeymoon,as a joke,Bob left a note on the front door of their house that read,"GONE FISHING"! More than anything in life,other than his wife ,Viola,Bob loved to fish.And he was a real avid fisher.He could catch fish,even in places you weren't supposed to.Some people would say that Bob could actually talk the fish into biting his hook.Bob was a real country kind of a guy.He and Viola had their own garden where they grew squash,field-peas,corn and okra.They had about ten hen's and two rooster's.Bob and Viola togeather,could make a bad situation seem as if it were just another way of life.I remember Bob telling me that if you look at a problem,as a rock in the stream,you have to be like the water,that flows over it.Bob did have a way with words.I remember in the spring of 1999,Bob and I had planned a fishing trip.When I got to the end of his drive-way and pulled into his yard,there were cars and trucks there I had never seen.I thought,man we must be going on one huge sized boat.Before I could get out of my truck,Viola is standing by my truck with tears in her eye's.She looks at me and says Bob passed away last night.I didn't know what to say.I gave Viola a hug and asked her what she needed me to do."You will know,when the time comes",she said.After staying with Viola,for a couple of hours,I needed time to myself.After driving around for a while,it hit me.I went home and got out my saws,chisels and sanders and I made a plaque that read:OUR FRIEND BOB,HAS GONE FISHING!
© Copyright 2012 JimmyD (jimmyd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1896926-Gon-Fishing