*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910419-Gods-of-Men-Chapter-3
by TLK
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1910419
Both sides begin building their ranks for war.
Gods of Men
Chapter 3


Tgjan Kai has just awakened from his nightmare. He opens his eyes and stares up at the tile ceiling. His ribs are bandaged but most of his other injuries have healed. He sits up in the bed and looks around at the room it all looks unfamiliar to him. Tgjan gets out of the bed and walks toward the door. He opens it and walks through a marble hallway filled with paintings of what look like ancestors of whoever owns this place he woke up in. He continues to walk down the hallway until he gets to a set of double doors. One of them open. He hears a voice come from out of that room call out his name.

Voice-
Welcome, Tgjan Kai.

The man then proceeds to walk into the room where there is an old man who sits Indian style on the floor meditating. His hair and beard are white and his face is full of wise-looking wrinkles. The room is the color of amber and gold with a fireplace and a huge stack of books. On the other side of the room is a large opening which leads out into a deck that overlooks a wooded valley and is set high on top a mountain. Tgjan walks inside the room and close to the man meditating. The man gets to his feet and turns to face Tgjan.)

Man-
My name is Guillome Zimile-Keita. And I am the Elder Riuken of this generation. I take it there are some questions that you would like answered.

Tgjan-
Yeah, I would think so. First off, where am I?

The Elder-
You are at the Zimile-Keita Compound. This is a house that has been passed down my family’s bloodline for hundreds of years. We are located 40 miles east of the nearest city. This place provides the solitude and energy needed for deep meditation. My son and the Jokkinen boy saved you and two others and brought you here after you were attacked by The Hafflife and his Zollerans.

Zinagata and Ryannus walk in right behind Tgjan. He turns around to look at them. Zinagata has his mask off. His hair is short and he has a great black beard similar to his father’s.

The Elder-
Those two standing behind you are the ones that brought you here, the one on the right is my son Zinagata and the one on the left is Ryannus Jokkinen of the Jokkinen family.

Tgjan-
Is anybody else from my family…?

The Elder-
Two. They are fine. One is resting the other I spoke to earlier about all of this. She said she was your cousin.

Once again from the door behind Tgjan walks in his cousin Jessie.

Jessie-
Teej?

Tgjan-
(He turns to her) Jessie!

They run to each other and hug.

Jessie-
You don’t know how happy I am to see another Kai.

Tgjan-
I thought all of you were lost. I thought I was the only one left. Who…who else survived?

Jessie-
It was your brother’s wife, Katie.

Tgjan-
Katie…(turns to the Elder) You know she’s not one of us. What have you told her so far?

The Elder-
Nothing. She hasn’t left her room since being brought here. When she is ready she will seek out answers.

Tgjan-
Well I’m ready for some answers now. Who the hell is this goddamn Hafflife?

The Elder-
This Hafflife goes by the name of Sulem Al’Tarik, the men with him are Chris Jocu and his apprentice called Scion. What they are attempting to do is once again assume power over this world. Sulem Al’Tarik has never been happy with the non-transgression stance put in to affect by the previous Hafflifes. His first act was to strike at the only thing capable of stopping the Zollerans, the Riukens. Now I must ask you something; what did they want with your family? Why exactly were you a target?

Tgjan-
I’m, I’m not too sure. My brother Owen, the first born had just gotten married earlier in the day. We were celebrating the wedding at out estate when they just busted through. They came without warning. The Hafflife walked right in and unleashed this wave of power, it instantly killed so many that weren’t as strong as us. Katie’s family was pretty much wiped out; my brother shielded her from the blast. All of us that could, tried to fight back. They were prepared, we weren’t. The Hafflife was too strong. Jessie and I tried to fight back. One of his warriors, the guy with the scar, he went into our secret rooms which hold our family treasures, heirlooms, he took something, put it in a briefcase. Owen tried to stop him. But the Hafflife shot him right in the back with such a strong beam. It went right through him. I ran over to him and he kept saying, “Get it back, get it back, get it back.” I don’t know what he was talking about, or why it meant so much, but I tried, I couldn’t. I wasn’t strong enough. Owen never should have been the one to die. (Slumps down to his knees)

Jessie-
Teej, Teej listen. You can’t blame yourself. There was nothing we could do.

The Elder turns to Ryannus and Zinagata.

The Elder-
It could be any number of things.

Zinagata-
What exactly do you mean father?

The Elder-
Both Priman races, ourselves and the Zollerans have instruments of lure scattered throughout our history. Objects of power, used as weapons, tools, what have you. You’ve all heard of the Heaven’s Tip, that’s one of ours. Kept in this facility. These tools can be used to guide our races, lead them into victory against the other.

Ryannus-
Well somebody thought it was important; they blew up the Hafflife’s chopper for it.

Zinagata-
Yep, whoever it was took down that helicopter, killed the pilots, and grabbed it from the wreckage.

The Elder-
It would take a brave individual to dare stand in the Hafflife’s way and no Zolleran loyal to the cause would ever attempt something like that. It was a Riuken…and I think I know who.

Jessie-
Well whatever you need, whatever you guys decide to do. You can count on me, I’ll fight with you.

The Elder-
Thank you, Jessie. You will make your family proud. (Looks down to Tgjan) Tgjan Kai, can your ancestors and I count on you?

Tgjan-
Are you serious? You’re really trying to bring me into your fight?
Jessie-
Teej, it’s our fight too.

Tgjan-
I saw fighting; I can’t be a part of that. Our family is dead! Fight, for what? Is this is what it means to fight, to watch those around you die? They took everything, everything from us. I can’t…I can’t even think about anything else. Fight? Let me go morn my family. (Storms out of the room)

Jessie-
Teej? Teej!? I’ve never seen him like this.

The Elder-
The burden of his family’s bloodline has fallen on his shoulders. That is usually the task of the first born. He wasn’t. It can be an overwhelming task for those who aren’t prepared for it.

Tgjan walks into a bathroom and turns the water faucet on the sink. He lets the water fill his hands and then splashes his face. He then looks at his reflection in the mirror over the sink then closes his eyes.



It is night time. Down below is a rundown and dilapidated section of the city. On this street are run down houses and streets filled with trash. Up in the sky clouds begin to form and swirl in one specific area of the sky. A swirling beam of light begins to form where the clouds gather. A bright light then races down and strikes the ground. It kicks up the wind which spins around as the beam disappears. Standing there is Ryannus and Zinagata.

Ryannus-
The Tempess never gets old.

Zinagata-
Really does make all other forms of transportation completely useless to me. Alright let’s go find this guy.

Ryannus-
What did your dad say? His name is Augustos Rome?

Zinagata-
Something like that.

They both start walking down the dimly lit and dilapidated street. Each building they see is more rundown then the previous. There is a homeless person in a box shelter next to one of the run down houses. This area is making it hard for them to believe that the man they are looking for is here.

Zinagata-
You remember the address?

Ryannus-
Yep. (Takes off his glove on his right hand to see the numbers 1347 written on his palm.) 1347.

Zinagata-
(Looks to his left to see the address on the side of a run-down apartment building.) I see it.

Ryannus-
Geez, doesn’t this guy have some long standing family lineage with a mansion or some shit?



Both Ryannus and Zinagata walk inside. They go through the front door and see an apartment listing. Rome’s name is under 3B. They begin walking up steps to the third floor. Once they are there they begin looking for 3B. They see it located all the way down the hallway. They open the door and walk inside. The apartment is messy and lightly furnished. Both of them begin walking around looking in rooms and other places for signs of life. Ryannus opens up the refrigerator and can only see a 2 gallon jug of water and expired milk sitting inside.

Ryannus-
Fridge is pretty empty. Not sure how often this guy is here.


Zinagata walks into a bedroom where the bed is a mess. On the wall to his left are 100s of pictures and posted notes. The pictures are of The Hafflife, Scion, Chris Jocu, The Janus’, and most likely a lot of other Zollerans. His posted notes consist of things reading, “attack here”, and “next target”.

Zinagata-
He’s been here.

Ryannus walks into the room.

Ryannus-
What?

Zinagata-
He’s been here, and he’s been watching Al’Tarik.

Ryannus-
Really? (Looks at pictures, sees a picture of what looks like Zinagata.) Hey, that looks like you. Hmm.

Zinagata-
(Looks at the picture and the note next to it that says “ready?”) It is.

Ryannus-
That’s weird, (starts to walk out of the room) maybe he’s got a thing for beards.

The faint sound of power charging can be heard by both. Then the floor from under Ryannus Breaks away and he falls through the hole.

Zinagata-
Ryannus!

He runs over to the hole Ryannus fell through but from behind a man in a black cloak appears; Augustos Rome. Zinagata has no idea he’s behind him. Rome rushes at him and drills him in the back of the head with his fist. The hit sends Zinagata reeling through the bathroom door in front of him and leads him to smash through the sink. Zinagata looks up in time to see Rome throw a blast at him. He puts out his two hands to hold it in front of him. He then summons up the strength to throw it up at the ceiling above him. Just as he does this Rome jumps kicks him right through the wall. Zinagata recovers just in time to block the barrage of punches and kicks Rome throws. Zinagata then restrains the right hand of Rome and then while restraining the left notices that Rome has no left hand, just a stump.

Zinagata-
Is that what you wanted from me?! A fight?!

Augustos Rome-
You don’t have any idea of what I want!

Rome then ducks under Zinagata and use his shoulder to northern-lights suplex him. However Zinagata lands on his feet but Rome elbows him in the back. Rome starts to walk towards him but Ryannus bursts through the floor behind him. He goes for a punch but Rome blocks it and backhands Ryannus. Ryannus back flips to land on his feet. Both he and Zinagata are on either side of Rome preparing to attack him together. Zinagata goes first and fire with a kick Rome blocks and then a punch he also blocks, Zinagata then ducks a back spin kick from Rome. Ryannus use this time to strike, he jumps in on Rome who used the same leg doing the back spin kick to bring into Ryannus, he flips over the kick, Rome undercuts the legs from Zinagata and flips him over. Zinagata manages to land on his feet. Ryannus throws a left and a right at Rome who blocks them both. Ryannus then goes for a roundhouse kick on Rome but he ducks and leg sweeps Ryannus. Ryannus backflips to keep his balance and then dodges out the way of a kick by rolling backwards. Zinagata, standing on the other side of Rome fires a beam at him that he dodges. Zinagata then jumps in the air, Rome fires at him but Zinagata dematerializes and appears in the air on the other side of Rome. Ryannus then knees Rome in the back and punches him in the stomach. Zinagata comes down from above with a blow to the back of Rome’s head who hits the ground.

Zinagata-
We have you now!


Rome then uses his energy to shatter the floor all 3 of them are standing on. They all fall through but Rome lands on his feet from being ready for the blast. Rome gets back up to his feet, turns and kicks Ryannus in the face. He then turns to Zinagata and drop kicks him through the apartment wall right behind him. Zinagata flies through and smack up against a car. Rome then fires a blast at the wall in front of him and jumps out and flips himself up to the roof of the neighboring building. Ryannus gets back up and follows him outside and to the rooftops. Ryannus chases down Rome as they run and jump across rooftops. Rome fires a few shots back at Ryannus while running, Ryannus dodges those with flips.


Zinagata begins to stir and looks a little into the distance to see Ryannus chasing Rome on rooftops. He powers himself up and his whole body is engulfed in energy. Zinagata then takes to the air and flies over to Ryannus and Rome. Rome continues to run as Ryannus fires blast at him. Rome jumps off a rooftop over to the other and Ryannus anticipates the spot he’ll land. He fires a blast right to that point, Rome heads right for that direction but as the beam is about to make contact Rome dematerializes.

Ryannus-
What?

Rome then appears right behind Ryannus and kicks him across the face. Ryannus comes crashing down onto a rooftop. Rome lands right over him and holds out his hand to blast him. He powers it up Ryannus sees this coming and unleashes the ace up his sleeve. An eye beam. His eyes begin to glow red and a red beam fires out hitting Rome in the chest. This sends him flying into the air. Rome regains his form and faces Ryannus. He is then hit from behind with a blast from Zinagata. He falls onto the roof but sits up with both arms out-stretched at both Ryannus and Zinagata. Both of them have their hands out and are ready to blast. Rome’s stump hand faces Zinagata who knows this.

Zinagata-
You can blast out of that arm can you?

Rome-
(Smirks) I suppose not. (Drops but his hands and stands up)

Ryannus-
The hell you attack us for?

Rome-
You’re Guillome’s son aren’t you?

Zinagata-
Yes I am.

Rome-
I’ve been watching you. Both of you. You’re the Riukens that are going to stand up to Sulem Al’Tarik. You’re a bit young, but I guess that’s alright. I attacked you because I had to see for myself what you got. He did a good job training you. But there’s still much for you to learn. I take it you’re looking for this. (He reaches into his cloak to summon out the crystal shard he took from the crash site. it’s a green and black stone that glows magnificently.) We’ll bring this back to the Elder. I’m coming with you, trust me, you’ll need my help with this fight. (Puts the crystal away) Alright boys, shall we?

Rome begins walking back in the direction of his apartment. Ryannus and Zinagata turn to look at each other a little perplexed about the events that just transpired.

To Be Continued

© Copyright 2012 TLK (emb5092 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910419-Gods-of-Men-Chapter-3