*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1911430-Feelings-those-last-ten-days
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1911430
Cancer spread like wildfire, ten days later she was gone, wrote and read for her funeral.
Bev,
The owl has significant meaning for both Diane and I. Owls represent spiritual influence, wisdom and knowledge in Greece, Rome, and in Celtic mythology. As a nocturnal creature this bird symbolizes inner-knowing, psychic ability, and intuition, it is considered by many cultures as a messenger between earth and the heavenly spirit. The pendant you wear is from both of us, and the owl will forever be symbolic of your journey from earth to heaven.
I told you a few short days ago, that you are by far one of the strongest women I have ever had the privilege of knowing. Your sense of humor, caring nature, strength, and determination were passed on to your boys and they have grown and become wonderful husbands, fathers, and friends. But I don't know that I ever thanked you, Thanked you for my husband for my best friend, without him I would not be complete. I promise you that I will take care of him, cherish him always, and never take a day with him for granted.
I hope you know how grateful I am to have shared this last week with you, to be there for you and for your boys, to hear the stories that were shared, and to finally understand that our differences were our strengths and there is no fault in being strong. I find comfort in knowing you are where you are meant to be, a spirit in the sky, an angel with wings of fuzzy pink, a guardian to your grandchildren, and forever home in our hearts and memories.
Love you
Your Favorite Daughter in Law
© Copyright 2013 2920nan (dnharris22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1911430-Feelings-those-last-ten-days