*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930929-Heavens-grocery-store
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Poetry · Family · #1930929
A poem about inspiration
                    IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY MOTHER
                                           OPHELIA G. HALL
                                                  1942-2013


         This poem embodies my mom, the way she lived and ended her life, I love you and will                             
                                          miss you, your one and only son Jerry.


                                       HEAVEN'S GROCERY STORE

I was walking down life's highway a long time ago. One day I saw a  sign that read,” Heavens Grocery store”. As I got a little closer, the door came open wide, and when I cam to myself, I was standing inside

I saw a host of angles, they were standing everywhere. One handed me a basket and said, “My child shop with care. Everything a Christian needs was in that grocery store, and all you could carry, you could come back for more.

First I got some Patience. Love was in the same row. Further down was Understanding, you need that everywhere you go.

I got a box of Wisdom. A bag or two of Faith. I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost, for it was all over the place. I stopped to get some Strength and Courage to help me run the race. By then my basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed some grace.

I didn't forget Salvation, for Salvation that was free. So I tried to get enough of that to give both you and me.

Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill, for thought I had everything to do my masters will. When I went up the aisle I saw Prayer and I just had to put that in for I knew when I stepped outside I would run right into sin.

Peace and Joy were plentiful. They were on the last shelf. Songs of Praise were hanging near so I just help myself. Then I said to the angle “Now how much do I owe?' he just smiled at me and said, “Jsut take them everywhere you go”.

Again I smiled at him and said, “How much do I really owe?” He smiled at me again and said,”My child, Jesus paid your bill along time ago”.
© Copyright 2013 nutation (jerry1.0 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930929-Heavens-grocery-store