*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934074-Prevail-or-fail
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1934074
A young women is injected with unique case of slow spreading poison.
Tap, tap, tap. Wake up! A grey blue canvas paints the heavens. Rain drops fall from it. Luscious grass swept through my fingertips as I stood myself up right. Pine needles fell onto my palm in the midst of combing my auburn locks into a neat shape. My eye caught the injection site on my wrist.

Darkness, a needle prick, and a voice. That’s all I remember. A voice rusty with age spat crisp words at me. “This poison is not like any other poison. It spreads slowly, and the pain intensifies the closer you are to death. Enjoy.” After that, there was more darkness, and I found myself here, on Earth’s floor. Many days have passed since then.

Plenty of trees line my path, and I spot a tower not too far from here. Hours pass as I take the path toward it.
I inspect the back of the tower finding that the crumbled part of this wall could easily be climbed. I grasp the ledge and work my way to the top.

Falling through the window I find myself in a familiar room.
“I knew you’d be back.” I turn around and face the beautiful women before me. Her voice is clear, bright, and familiar.

“What do you-“ I don’t sound like myself! I touch my locks that are now a faded grey. I spot a foreign instrument on the table. Carefully I retrieve it.

She smiles wickedly. “I do love this body. How do you feel about mine?” I charge at the false beauty striking her heart.
Her body turns to dust. I grab a vial of vitali-vex and drink. My body reverts back to the beautiful shape it had been before that imbecile played witch for a moon.

“Sorry, to spoil your fun."

Word Count 298

© Copyright 2013 StormLink (lighthning at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934074-Prevail-or-fail