*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947615-My-Real-Family-DFFC-Edition
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1947615
Daily Flash Fiction: Write a story that includes the line: "I found it in the attic"
"Mavrik, I got a question,"

"Shoot."

"Help me move next month?"

"Sure."

"Ok. Thanks."

"You ever find that guitar?" he mused.

"Oh, yea. I found it in the attic." Anna said

"Good. Good... So,...where are you moving to?"

"My sister’s."

"Ah..." As if he didn't already know, Anna thought. She steeled herself for the next question.

"What about the cat?"

"Yea about that..."

"I can't take her."

"Why not!?"

"I have two more than I should already!"

"Well my sister can't have cats at her place."

"Well, that's a lie." Mavrik accused. Anna just stared. It was as if the world had stuttered and tripped a little on its axis.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm just saying she's trying to pull the wool over your eyes." O. no. he did not.

"I'm only going to say this once Mavrik: Don't insult my family."

"I'm not trying to..."

"Don't call my sister a liar."

"But..."

"You’re like a brother but we both know the thought of me spending just one night at your place, let alone 4 to 6 months makes you sick to your stomach." Mavrik looked at her, a deer in headlights. Anna steered on. "Guess who didn't flinch when I asked to live with her. Guess who didn't need to "think" or “pray” about putting a roof over MY head! GUESS!" Mavrik was stunned. His eyes went from dazed deer in headlights to empty roadkill. Anna smelled blood and pushed on, red haze clouding her vision. "That's right, MY sister.”

"I'm sorry." Mavrik said, and meant it. "I’m like a brother?"

"Yes." There was no anger or maliciousness in her voice; only genuine, matter-of-fact care. He believed her. At least, he wanted to believe her.

“Well then sis, let’s go see what else we can find in that attic.”

---------------------------------------

Word count: 299
------------
Prompt: "Winner for 8/14 and prompt for 8/15"  
--------------
Full story: "My Real Family


Results
"Entry 8/15: My Real Family"  
lost "16 emotions"  
© Copyright 2013 A*Monaing*Faith (afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947615-My-Real-Family-DFFC-Edition