*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953598-Perfection
Rated: E · Column · Adult · #1953598
A philosophic approach to the term.
To have perfection means to be without flaw, yet within the flaws we find perfection. To be perfect, what does that mean? To fit in without any hitch, become the ideal symbol of normality? To complete a task exactly the way the overseer would expect? Why do we seek this improbable height, when it is widely agreed that to be human means to have flaw. How are we truly to learn without making mistakes, and with every new territory we climb to in science or any other genre, we will not know how to proceed. With every new, we will learn through trial and error. Even with all our theories, we still don't know. To seek perfection is to seek absolute zero, or the ending length of infinity. We will never reach it, but still there is at least one person still trying.

Perhaps without that constant reaching, we would never reach where we are now. If we are content to live with the current technology and laws, we would move much slower to a new era. With every improvement we find another good, as well as something we should have left alone. So this seeking of perfection is a way to reach another step. Even if we won't reach the top because there is none to be seen. However, to be break away from the supposed perfection of whatever the current setting is, could also be a way to reach another step.

So do we reach another step by living within the idea of perfection set by a current standard? Or do we reach the next level by breaking out of the standard for a better idea of how to obtain perfection? Perfection means to be without flaw, yet within the flaws we find perfection.
© Copyright 2013 Crimson White (crimsonwhite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953598-Perfection