*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960878-The-Elusive-Duke-Vacation
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1960878
intro to The Elusive Duke Series.
Bustling as the city ever was, he leisurely walked with his possy by the homeless, glaring at each cardboard sign they had written with their very being in mind. A dark man sitting under the bridge where most of them resided holding a sign,'US Marine Vet. Vietnam Please help.' The gangster simply sucked his teeth and thought the man was lying. The next was a red-headed woman with a bugle in her belly that did not look like fat. Her sign read 'homeless and pregnant. Please help' "bet you'd smash that, eh bruh?" he said to one of his gang members. The next man wore all white but his hat was a bleach white paperboy with too many stitches to be worn in public. His head was down and his white gloved hands held up the sign, 'I'm on my vacation, feed them dammit' This caught the banger's eye. "Hey, white man!" the leader of the wolf pack yelled, " Get up!" The man in white stood but in a posture that never revealed his face or lowered his sign from the gangster's view. They stood up nearly level with the gangster being a few inches taller.
"Hey man, you saying I should feed 'em?" he said while punching his open hand. The man nodded. "Well, how about I use your pocket book seeing as you is on your vaca?" He reached for the man's pocket. The man never faltered and didn't even flinch. The gangster took out a wallet and a cell phone. "Yo man, what kinda crap is this shit?" He dropped the outdated phone that was of clearly no interest to him. "Yo bruh, where's your money at?" As he flipped the wallet upside down and opened it to show his possy that the wallet was empty. He dropped the empty leather as well. "Well, since you wasted my time, how about I just take your girlfriend here and make some twins, eh?" The gang laughed.
The white man lifted his head to flash the gangster. The sign left its position and found itself containing a head that was attached to young man who was too old to have a lip piercing. He fell on the ground at this surprise. The white man pointed his finger and said, "Don't you ever threaten the homeless," The gangster crawled back, stood up while pulling of the cardboard, then grabbed a gun from his back side. "Impressive," thought the man with the worn hat. "Yo, you wanna mess with me and my boys?!" he said as the gun was aimed at the man. "Steal from me," said the man. The gangster just stood there with his gun and a slightly confused angry face. As if a baby was trying to pass its stool. "You heard me, bruh," the man leaned back with air quotes, "steal from me." He pulled out a single key.
"This is to my car, take it you can have it." The gangster smirked and approached. The man took a step back that matched the distance. "Drop the gun, of course." The man with the piercing advanced. One of the members of the possy looked to the side to notice the US Veteran giving the woman a dollar. "You want me to drop the gun? Old man?" he said as the pistol's barrel was in the man's sternum.
"Yes, but my heart is a little to the left," the gun's handler moved it to the left by inch while wearing a confused look. "Okay. Now you have officially threatened me." The gangster smirked and looked at his men before looking back and the man. "Now, before you shoot me, steal my jeep, have an automatic 88 assassins come after you only to find that the mafia will be after you in a chase that will make you kill yourself instead anyone shedding blood, and not to mention scarring this pretty you lady and possibly triggering this veteran's memory of Vietnam thus forcing him to attack one of your gang," the man saluted the veteran. He saluted back. "I suggest you drop the gun and steal like a true thief. Not from under my nose, but right in front of me." The gangster was utterly confused. He was threatened on two levels that no amount street smarts could even allow him to think of finding a way out. Well, except for the homeless veteran.
With whatever possessed his hand, he set the gun down and tried to take the key. The man simply kept moving his hand side to side. Then the man put the key back in his pocket and showed the gangster his own wallet. He pick-pocketed the one who was trying to steal from his own keys. "What the fuck?" The gangster was in utter bewilderment. "How did you get my wallet?"
"If you would pay attention, you'd know," said the man. he threw the wallet back and its owner caught still with a confused face. "I think I can find you a better paying job than walking around with your 'homies' ," The man tossed him a business card. It read 'Dudly Industries Taking over. One Good Idea At A Time.' The Duke around at the many faces watching him and his new employee. "What would I be doing?" asked the new member of Dudly Industries
"Well," replied the Duke, "Fighting the real bad guys" The Duke helped up his homeless comrads and gave them a bundle of cash each. "My vacation is over,"
© Copyright 2013 Todd Wylark (dukedudly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960878-The-Elusive-Duke-Vacation