*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963436-Lily-and-the-Great-Beach-Adventure
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #1963436
This is part 3 of the childrens book series.
One day Lily and her mom woke up and decided to go to the beach. They packed their swim suits and lunch and then headed out. As they were walking, Lily looked at her mom and asked if it was okay to walk around and go exploring when they got to the beach. Her mom said that it would be alright as long as she was back by 5 o’clock. When they got there Lily was so excited that she ran into the sand and rolled around. While Lily was rolling she landed on top of a sand crab and it pinched her. Lily screamed so loud that everyone got silent.
Once Lily calmed down the crab said that he was very sorry and that he did not mean it. Lily told the crab, “It is okay. It did not really hurt, it just surprised me.” The crab said, “My name is Dice and you look new here. What is your name?” “My name is Lily and I am new here. This is my first time ever going to the beach.” The crab looked puzzled as if he could not believe Lily. He ask Lily, “Why have you never been to the beach? It is such an amazing place!” Lily said, “I do not live around here. My mom wanted to show me her favorite place to go to get away from all the noise.” Dice asked Lily if it would be okay to show her everything he could about the beach. Lily said, “I would love that very much! I would hate to get lost if I went exploring all by my self.”
Dice and Lily walked down to the edge of the sand and Dice pointed out a sea star. Lily looked so happy to see something from the ocean up close. She went up to it and poked it with her paw. She said, “Dice, if this is from the sea, why is it dry?” Dice said, “It is because it has been out of the water too long.” They walked down the beach a little while until they seen a big pile of rocks. Dice asked Lily, “Would you like to get into the water a little bit and see a live sea star?” Lily said, “I would really like that but wouldn’t the water push me down?”
When they climbed in the water Lily got to touch a live sea star. It felt rough but soft at the same time. The star stuck to her when she picked it up. Lily laughed a little because it felt like the star was sucking on her leg. Dice got the star off and put it back into the water so that it would not dry out. Lily got sad that she had to leave the star all by itself but she promised that she would come back and see it one day. Dice said, “Come on Lily I have a lot more to show you“.
Lily followed Dice to the other side of the beach. Lily looked so happy because Dice seemed to be a great guy. Lily skipped along side him but before she knew it they were at a place that seemed to good to be true. Lily looked at Dice, “What are these? They look like little bitty oceans.” Dice laughed, “They are! They are tide pools.” Lily opened her eyes so big and smiled bigger than she ever had. “Look very close”, said Dice. Lily put her head closer to the water and saw a lot of beautiful creatures. She pointed out that there was so many starfish but they were no bigger than her paw. She also seen tiny fish and some fish eggs. Dice was so happy to see that Lily was having such a great time that he smiled very big.
Lily heard someone calling her name. She looked around. It was her mommy. Lily ran as fast as she could. Her mom asked Lily how her day was and asked if she had fun. “Mom this is the biggest place on Earth! I wish we could live here”, said Lily. “I am so glad you had fun honey but it is time to go. I have something to tell you when we get home”, said Lily’s mom. Lily and her mom started walking towards the stairs. Lily heard a faint little voice. “Lily, I cannot wait until I see you again”, said Dice. Lily turned and smiled. She waved good bye and they headed up the stairs.
As they made it into their yard Lily got overly excited. She started to wag her tail and jump all over the place. Her mom told her to calm down and walk inside. Lily stopped jumping and went in the door. “Sit down darling”, said her mom. Lily sat and asked, “So what is the news?” Her mom smiled and said, “You are going to have a baby brother or sister!” Lily’s mouth dropped to the floor and she fell over onto her bed. “For real mommy, after all this time?” Her mom showed her a picture of the baby inside of her tummy. “See Lily? There is going to be a baby!”
© Copyright 2013 already_gone (already_gone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963436-Lily-and-the-Great-Beach-Adventure