*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1975319-Love-and-Roses
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1975319
Romance and Roses mixed with Love always bring two together
Love and Roses


Mary Francis had been in the shop all day answering the phone one call after another taking orders and creating beautiful flower arrangements for Valentine's Day. This day was the most busiest day of the year for florists. Everyone was asking for red roses; the traditional symbol of love. Although she had taken orders for yellow for friendship, lavender for enchantment, white for purity and even orange for desire. She loved preparing the flowers in breathtaking arrangements for her customers. And, she loved seeing the smiles cross their faces when they first saw the arrangements.

Now it was time for her to head out to the Inn and focus on her special request order she had taken earlier in the week from a young man who wanted to surprise his girlfriend with a proposal of marriage for Valentine's Day. Knowing that most proposals are offered during this time of year, he was looking for something extra special in this surprise and had asked for her help.

The young man had booked a private room for dinner at the Granville Inn, a local establishment known for their delicious dinners and romantic atmosphere. Mary Francis' plans were to enhance that atmosphere by adding soft lights throughout the room, gentle music to fill the air and the sweet smell of pink and white roses. She had placed a special order with her flower vendor for a large order of white roses tipped in pink; otherwise referred to as the “ Romance Rose”.
The beautiful Romance Roses had arrived the morning of Valentine's Day and she carefully lifted them now from their tissue wrappings. She was excited about seeing her plans come to life as this would be her ideal wedding proposal for herself if only Scott would feel the same.
She worked all afternoon arranging vases of the beautiful roses throughout the room. There was a water fountain that ran the length of the room and she took extra time draping strings of lights in and around the fountain. Something was missing. Ahh!! She knew just what to do. She took some of the rose buds and petals and laid them ever so gently in the water. The trickling water running down the sides of the fountain causing little ripples that moved the rose petals softly across the water. The lights dancing off the water along with the delicate roses made such a dramatic effect. The room was as close to perfect as it could be. She was pleased with her work. She looked at her watch and realized she was running out of time before the young couple would be arriving. She needed to make her exit now.
Mary Francis heard some a click behind her then. She gasped thinking she had been caught. As she turned towards the opened door she gasped. There stood Scott, her tall, dark and handsome suitor. Could she be dreaming? A smile stretched across his face as he bent down on one knee.

Word Count 500
© Copyright 2014 RoyalMQ (royalmq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1975319-Love-and-Roses