*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992684-Three-Times-a-Lady
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1992684
Introduces change involved with Aleesha, who is striving to save her marriage.
Aleesha Price is a vibrant young woman, who has dreams and plenty of ambition.  She is well on her way to the things she wants in life.  As time ticks by she becomes more nervous because she is to be wed in a few short hours.  Everything is in place as she stares in the mirror. Her mother comes into the room to give her best wishes and tears up.



Mama, Aleesha says! why do you cry on the happiest day of my life?  Mrs. Olivia Price answered; because I am losing my baby today!  Aleesha replied no your not mama I am always your baby no matter what. So the ceremony begins and so does the realization too. I now know why my mother cried at my wedding as Aleesha reminisce.  The man I married did not appear to be at all what he is today. I have stood by this man for better or worse; through his sickness and his judgements of me. What is a woman to do if he can go out to be with his mistress, and then come home and beat on his wife; kick her down like a dog.



I get up and weep because I love this man with all of my being.  I pray for him because he's ill. He needs me now more than ever.  I can not leave him like this, all broken. So day by day I watch this man tear me down bit by bit , he's loving another woman I'm not blind I see. The treatment he gives to me is out of this world. I love him and will stick with him that the way I was raised you know.



The years past by and he still has not changed. Aleesha keep asking herself what have I done wrong to this man for him to beat me, degrade me, but most of all cheat on me. She has convinced hersel if things don't get better she will have no choice but to end the marriage.  This particular night Miguel Simmons walks in the front room starting in on me. Whatever made him act this way I knew instantly it was not him, but what happened next change my life forever.



He beat me so bad and made me watch him cut may wedding ring.  The emotion is something I can not explain, but the pain of betrayal is real in every sense. Well I guess he made the decision for me. Good thing we had no childern because I can leave and not look back.  One thing I learaned though mama knows best she may not tell you her side until need be.



© Copyright 2014 Shooting Star (graciouse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992684-Three-Times-a-Lady